check out what came into my work a few days ago

I AM the random post master...bow down
May 3, 2003
Daytona Bch, FL
A customer had just bought it form an auction in georgia and brought it to us to check it out and change all of the fluids. Its called a Pinzgaure and it was made by the Austrians. This bad boy has a whopping 28hp, but enough torque to rip the building off of its foundation :) Getting to see/work on/drive something like this is pretty cool. This is what they looks like, not the one we're working on though.

PInzgauer%20mit%20Hanger%20Gelande.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

They were troop/supplies transports for the Swiss Army. They sell for around $10k and are about 25 years old and just being released to the public.

Everything is so simple on this thing. The frame is just a tube that goes right down the middle, then has the axles coming off of the differentials. Wish I could get some pictures of of how the wheels are attacked to the rest of the vehicle... Its like a huge ball and socket... The ball is about the side of a larger bowling ball.

I passed two Unimogs on the road the other day that looked to be restored. One red & one blue. First time I seen one in a few years. They were surprisingly moving @ around 50 MPH (I wonder if they can go faster?) I like them. I want one!