Chip Makeing My Car Slow

JOEGTS

Jul 23, 2005
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Back in May I installed a Steeda19 cam, Trick Flow street intake, and Iron GT40 heads. I had a hard time to get the thing to run. I called JMS and they burnt a chip. The car ran and I was able to set the timing and drive the vehicle. I was very dissapointed in the SOTP feeling in the car. It just did not feel like it was that fast compared to how it felt stock. Last Friday I took the car to the track for the first time and was very dissapointed.
60' 1.99, 1/4 14.104 @98.11 mph::notnice:
Thursday night I was messing around in the garage and decided I would take the chip out to see how it would run. The car fired right up and idled rock solid. Its idleing a little low at 500rpm. Well I took the car for a ride and it felt great. It may be all in my imagenation but the car felt like a monster in the upper rpms where before it didn't. The car would die out on me when I came to a stop, but I think I can fix that by raising the idle. Has anyone else heard of this or is it all in my head? As soon as I get the car to idle I am going to take the car back to the track to see if its for real.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Call Jim or Monty at JMS and tell them your problem. It sounds to me like the chip isn't installed properly. Are you SURE all the coating was cleaned off the connection and scotch brited to get a positive connection?