Progress Thread Chirping Brake

benjr96

Dec 18, 2017
Hey guys new to the forum. So in March of this year I bought a 2001 GT with this brake chirping in the passenger rear wheel. Long story short I have replaced rotors and pads numerous times. Caliper on that wheel as been replaced as long with the hoses. None of this solved the issue , constantly burning through pads until I took it to a shop who found my axel was bent. Had that done last week no problems until today the noise has come back.... I am very frustrated with this and hoping someone could help me. Caliper, hoses, rotors and pad and the axel has been replaced for that wheel, is there anything else i need to check out? I am spending way too much money on this and am pretty pissed right now. Is it possible the old axel warped my rotors? They do have a the blueish tint on the outside of it but i had no noise after the axel was replaced until about 7-9 days later. Thank you guys in adavanced just want to solve this issue for once and for all! I would say is my wheel bent but i bad my tires rotated and problem was still there with a different wheel on

• Sponsors (?)

Does anything change the sound ie applying brakes, cornering etc? Does the wheel turn freely by hand? A long shot but I would try putting it up safely on jack stands and see if the noise is still there and you can narrow it down.

Does anything change the sound ie applying brakes, cornering etc? Does the wheel turn freely by hand? A long shot but I would try putting it up safely on jack stands and see if the noise is still there and you can narrow it down.
Applying the brakes eliminates the sound. Havent yet got her in the air yet. Oddly enough i didnt hear it today. Before the axel was replaced it made that rotor have a blueish tint on the outer edges of it due to the secerity of the bend. Mechanic showed me how the wheel wobbled in the air. Is it possible my rotors are warped and causing the chirping. No where as severe as before, very faint. Buddy of mine thought of that because I did not have the rotors resurfaced.

Only one side axle was bent right? Then try switching rotors from side to side. Bluish usually means severe overheating has occurred which can warp a rotor. You can have it checked too. Hate to see you waste money so check out as best you can before spending.