Choose between heads and CAMS

Iv been out of the loope since I just got back from Iraq again gee's. Ihavethe mods listed in my signature minus the Vortech. Just got 79K miles on mycar andnot sure I wanted to put it on.I was thinking along the lines of a head swap and putting a set of CAMS in. Tryingto decide from the PI heads or the Patriote Performance Stage II heads along with Crowler Stage II cams. My car is a Mid 01 so im looking to see what the big dirrence is between my heads and the Ford PIU heads. I thought they were pretty much the same from the 94-04 xcept for the Pony boost in o1 if I recall right. Like I siad iv been deployed andway out of the loop for to long lol. ALot of stuff has came out since I last had a good chance to do anything to my car Any fed back you guys can offer me will begreatly appreciated thanks...:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

let me be the first to say, "God Bless you for your Service" and "Thank you for your dedication to our country"

On your question. Leave the heads stock. Dont mess with them. Your car is not going to be able to handle much more than 400rwhp.

The ford "PI" heads, are exactly what you have, no difference. Leave the heads alone with the stock motor. If you desire, run a set of blower cams, they will give you 30rwhp or so and a nice lobe at idle. However, dont get greedy with the stock bottom end. Slam that blower on, add a set of cams if you wish, and have the car tuned. If you wish to go further, have the motor forged, and when the heads are off, then take the drill to them. Already having PI heads, just have a local machine shop port them when you do get a built motor. No reason in spending a ton on name brand head porters. Good luck!

Mark

Thanks for the feed back. I had a deal set up for the Vortech but I got extended to 15 months in Iraq so by the time I got back it was tolate to get it. Thats why I was thinking about the CAMS instead of puttinig 2K plus into a Vortech. Figured Id behappy with the CAMS and the boost i get from them. I still drive my stanh all the time cause its better on gas then my truck lol. If I do the CAMS it will be the last thing I do to the engine for a while. Going to wait to my next deployment and just start from scratch with a rock solid build and go all out on it. But for now its no fun to have a shop and nothing to work on lol Take care and thanks for the comment

ted