Chrome or Painted Alternator Recommendations?

• Sponsors (?)

Once thing I learned years ago was Powermaster was milling almost all the support for the rear bearing off the rear of the case before they chromed it. I found out the hard way when the case split and it arc'd to my fuel line and caught my car on fire. I had it rebuilt locally since Powermaster wouldnt take care of it, my local guy showed me what a stock GM case looked like and I was shocked.

I pull the stock ones apart and powedercoat them all the time, and I have not personally seen any bad effects or heat issues by doing so. By nature, chrome or coated will retain more heat then bare alum

i have never heard of polishing hurting with heat problems, chrome yes but no polishing, i have seen polished alternators lasting as long as anything, i would just polish it and be done with it

+1 never had a problem with mine..been on the car since 07.
and they look oh so shweet lol. If my momory is correct I got from from PA performance.

81eee6ba.jpg

Attachments

• 81eee6ba.jpg
    81eee6ba.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 264
Ill answer some...The wire looms are made to fit the Live Wire "Spark Plug Wires" from Performance Distributors, its a polished Aeromotive regularo I beleive with braided lines off of it, the coil cover is made by a few people but it is easy to fab as well.

That is a nice clean engine bay :nice:

Thanks rick and you pretty much nailed most the parts to, including the coil cover I fabbed lol.

Prime heres a better angle

03fc5f33.jpg

Attachments

• 03fc5f33.jpg
    03fc5f33.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 165
I had never seen that upper radiator hose set up ever. Man that's nice. Looks like Opal painted the bottom portion of the coil holder black. That engine bay looks sweet, no A/C sure cleans it up nice. I polished the coil holder then sprayed it in clear since its steel and not aluminum so it wouldn't rust. Also polished my BBK 70MM Throttle Body and SVO Elbow.

MustangSupercharged.jpg

Attachments

• MustangSupercharged.jpg
    MustangSupercharged.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 177