City Motor Supply

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
A friend of mine showed me this site the other day and I nearly fainted when I saw what they wanted for a 351w shortblock. http://www.citymotorsupply.com/

Any of you ever heard of them?

I need a new shortblock to replace the one I've got that I can't stop leaking out of its front seal. (I think the crank is warped) 355 + 140 core. Wow I could almost afford that.

• Sponsors (?)

jikelly said:
A friend of mine showed me this site the other day and I nearly fainted when I saw what they wanted for a 351w shortblock. http://www.citymotorsupply.com/

Any of you ever heard of them?

I need a new shortblock to replace the one I've got that I can't stop leaking out of its front seal. (I think the crank is warped) 355 + 140 core. Wow I could almost afford that.

have you tried either replacing the balancer or installing a balancer sleeve? if the crank were warped you would have a serious vibration problem. it sounds to me like there is a groove worn in the balancer from the front seal.

wow, those are good prices. you can get a 351 roller short block for 290 bucks!!!!! hell, i'd pay that for just a block and crank. i'm going to have to remember this for when i get the 69 cougar. i might actually be able to build my long roller motor pretty cheap even buying a complete short block and ditching the pistons and rods.

That balancer looked fine, but maybe it's the problem. I recon I could get one, replace it and see, but honestly it's so much work to get at that damn thing that I'd rather pull the engine to do it, and if I pull the engine I'm going to want to do more than just replace the balancer.

like i said i'm just intereded in the 94-97 roller windsor block and crank, i could give a rat's ass what's in it since i'd be pitching it all anyway. when Jimmy gets his engine i'll take a look at it and decide if the parts worth a crap.

bad68coupe said:
there is no informatio on their web site to lead you to believe that. the fact that it is cheap, money wise, does not mean it is cheap, quality wise.:nonono:
I agree...also I believe this was the company D.hearne bought his 5.0 from, said they used KB pistons even :D

well Jimmy maybe we'll both have ours ready about the same time and then we can go take them for a cruise. my car is at Mario's trim shop right now getting a new headliner and vinyl top installed and i'm working on getting the seats recovered but it's been too cold to mess with the seats much the last few days, regardless though, i did get the seat back of one of the front buckets mostly done today, still have to hog ring it all together and that parts will be ready.