Clanking Noice when in 1st or 2nd

Tampa04GT

Mar 17, 2004
Clanking Noise when in 1st or 2nd

Just a quick question not sure if this is normal or not but if I hit the gas or let off in first or second i hear a clank under my car is that the driveshaft link or soemthing like that?? Does anyone else here this I only have 1500 miles on my 04 GT

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have an 02' that I bought with 7 miles on it, and from day one, she still "clanks" when she wants....
I never thought it was a problem, and I had friends drive it and they thought it was normal...
I'm interested in this one...

yeap thats the sound im hearing....its weird becuase I drove my friends 03 Sonic Blue GT around it never clanked once and it was brand new also... maybe they just need to break in???

Anyone else having this prob?

sounds like metal hitting metal soo will any parts wear out eventualy??

I'm up to 20,000 with my baby, and no problems yet... I do have the extended 6/60 or 7/75... or whatever...
I am also getting the ticking noise again when I let her idle... and just recently... Whjen i drive down the street for gas, and try to turn her on again after a quickie, she stutters, and hesitates to turn over....
:notnice:

hmm... propeller that sounds like our prob to.... if im in first and im just kind of costing i slam the gas it clanks i let off quick it clanks....something to do with the tranny and the drive train or rear-end.... maybe il buy new gears and see if that tightens things up...