Classic Design Concepts 2005'

• Sponsors (?)

Rootus said:
What I think -- it's amazing that the aftermarket companies have all managed to come out with crap so far.

I agree. It's really hard to improve on a great design. That should be obvious so far. The problem is that a lot of people equate 'different' with 'better'. Sux for them to not know the difference...

What some of these aftermarket companies ought to consider doing is visiting the forums and looking at the photochops. There have been some great ideas there. They could start by creating a simple ducktail. Not hard to do, and I think they'd get a good response. Then move on to some of the classic cues from the 60's. What we're seeing so far is the kind of design cues that were popular on SN95's. They just don't work the same way on the S197.

Dave

I think it looks super, EXCEPT for the goofy cow-catcher chin spoiler and the billet-look grille that is so NOT cool, in any way shape or form, as evidenced in their popularity on redneck dually horse-trailer-towing trucks... Dial back the grille and the snow-plow, and you've got a winner. That hood scoop actually does look good, as opposed to the Roush attempt.

When companies start praising themselves like this:
"“The Glassback is like no other car at the SEMA Show,” said George Huisman, President of Classic Design Concepts. ”Our history of Mustang restyling gives us a great sense for what’s hot in the market today. "

I really have to wonder. Paint the hood scoop and that might be something, I will wait to see the spoiler, but everything else (especially the chin spoiler and wheels) doesn't tell me they have "a great sense for what’s hot in the market today."

I like it. There a little things here and there I would change but overall i think that "look" is better than stock, and not gaudy like the roush and saleens. It looks like ill buy from many different suppliers and just pick and choose the pieces i like from each one.

They will actually have 3 versions of the Mustang at SEMA, they have taken more than one approach. So you will have 3 styling choices to mix or match. THis photo is a rendering and not actual 'real' car so the parts will be painted accordingly.

Mike