Cleaning up the rear diff housing and axles, what do i need?

My mechanic is dropping the rear axle out of the mustang tomorrow afternoon, and I'm taking it to a custom shop that does gear installs, I don't trust him putting them gears back in and having crap go wrong on me again.

We talked about this today, and he agreed, he'd rather see my car back on the road with no issues, rather than take a chance of screwing something up again.

so that said, since the rear axle and diff housing is gonna be off the car, I might as well spend the $20 - $50 and get a wire wheel and some primer and paint, and clean it up and make it look pretty before it goes to the install shop to have all of this setup.

So I need a wire wheel,

what kind of paint? I need something that's gonna last good and long and not crack peel. Something I can buy locally as well, and go pick it up right now.

what kind of primer? what grit of sandpaper so I can smooth the finish out, and make it all look purty.

brand names please, not so much concerned about price, so long as it's not $100 a qt or something.

Figure I'm gonna go primer gray, and some black paint (Thick Enamel?).

I have half of the day tomorrow and all day thursday to do this and then Friday morning it goes to the gear shop to be dropped off, and have everything installed.

• Sponsors (?)