Clearance issues with LTs

03trubluGT

Nov 19, 2002
Mansfield, TX
I have seen some folks comment on how they are having clearance issues with longtubes and was wondering why. My Stang is currently at stock 4x4 height, so that may be why. I was wanting to drop her an inch, and I assume that means everything goes down at the same rate.

I've attached a pic of my LTs as they are now.

Is anyone having clearance issues with their stock Stang and BBK LTs?

Matt

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Sponsors (?)

03trubluGT said:
I have seen some folks comment on how they are having clearance issues with longtubes and was wondering why. My Stang is currently at stock 4x4 height, so that may be why. I was wanting to drop her an inch, and I assume that means everything goes down at the same rate.

I've attached a pic of my LTs as they are now.

Is anyone having clearance issues with their stock Stang and BBK LTs?

Matt

i have 1.5 eibachs on my 2002 GT and the Xpipe converter shields drag on some things but pretty much its fine , wouldnt go any lower , lower looks good but doesnt do much for function unless you are road coarse racing , email me at [email protected] later tonight and ill shoot you a pic of mine
your ceramic coat BBKS look kinda dirty , will that clean off , thats the same thing i have and i dont want mine looking like that .

2002BLGT said:
i have 1.5 eibachs on my 2002 GT and the Xpipe converter shields drag on some things but pretty much its fine , wouldnt go any lower , lower looks good but doesnt do much for function unless you are road coarse racing , email me at [email protected] later tonight and ill shoot you a pic of mine
your ceramic coat BBKS look kinda dirty , will that clean off , thats the same thing i have and i dont want mine looking like that .

They should clean off, that's just road grime. The flange where the headers bolt up and go down to that part u can see look brand new. I'll have the car up on a lift Thursday and try to clean it. I'm dyno testing a plenum in Lewisville on Saturday.

Matt