Clicking front R/wheel

I have an odd clicking from my front right wheel when I turn sharp from a stand still. Say I'm backing out of a parking space cutting the wheels sharp (either direction), there's the clicking. What could this be? Here's a dumb question but I think possibly it might be the brake pad clips hitting my Weld Ultralites (Bulletholes), is it safe to cut these clips off?? The pads and caliper are still held on by the 2 big bolts. Info anyone?

• Sponsors (?)

Your pads and brake assemblies move with the wheel, so I doubt it. Check your tierods and ball joints, as well as the sturts and mounts, if its not that it is most likley your berrings.

I would doubt it would be his bearings, but wouldn't discount them, My problem was my body would rub just enough to make a wierd noise, so if you look on the inside of your fenders and crank the all the way to the right and left. then look where the wheel comes closest to the inside and look for a shiny spot. and if it's not that I might consider you power steering rack on that side.

hey dude, don't cut those clips off! I did that and my pad moved around. I had the same problem it sounds like you're having...my top caliper bolt was rubbing the inside of my draglites after a brake change...ended up getting 1/4" spacers and it fixed it. I don't know if that's your problem, but you might check it out before you go replacing balljoints and stuff

FWIW your "pads and brake assemblies" do not move with the wheel. The only part that turns is the rotor. I agree, check the things mentioned above i.e. tie rod ends, ball joints, strut mounts, rubbing issues, and the caliper bolts rubbing the Welds.

CHeck your centercaps in your wheels. SOmetimes the Weld centercaps loosen up some and will 'click' when the wheels move. You mgiht try something like a layer or two of electrial tape around the rim of the centercap to tighten up it's fit inside the wheel if it feels loose.