Close Call...

tylerrocks

Oct 13, 2005
Big Spring, TX
Well I just got back from driving the stang a little. I was just crusing around minding my own business, it had just gotten dark and I noticed this car following me. I rode around for a while but this car made every turn I made and then it started tailgaiting me. I was like WTF?!?! so I went through one set of right/left/right curves pretty quickly, looked in my rearview and it was still there! So I putter around until I get to this right banking on-ramp in a fairly secluded corner of town. I went through the turn slowly, trying to figure out what kind of car it was. The headlights didn't look like a cop so I said to myself, 'try and keep up a$$hole' and floored it. I pulled from that car so fast......got up to 95MPH but I could tell the car was trying to keep up. I was getting closer to a populated area so I slowed down, the car pulled up right on my tail. Then, in a moment, I was taken back to my yester-years of driving, as the red and blue light flashed menecingly in my rearview I remembered those 7 tickets I got in the first year of drivership. As the cop walked up to my window I call out, "man I feel like a dumbass" and exlpained that I thought someone was just tailgaiting me. He was pretty cool though and seemed pretty interested in my car, so I milked it. I told him about my car's modifications, and how I had done all the work myself. I even showed him my engine. When he came back to my window he handed me my licence and insurence and said, "Drive it right Mr. Williams". Funny, used to I was pulled over and ticketed BECAUSE of my car, this time I got OUT OF IT because of my car. I decided that was enough cruiseing for the night and just came home. Thought I'd share.

• Sponsors (?)

I can see this happening to me when/if I ever get a little pickup for Tink's younger sister and get the XR-7's powerplant decked out in "Surprise!" trim. Some young officer (probably with a WRX for a DD) pulls over this 'rodded out luxo-barge; and finds an old gray-haired wannabe cowboy behind the wheel :nonono:

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be my next-door neighbor. He caught 2 tickets in his '68 Stang before he put it up on blocks and later put on a badge. :p

I can see this happening to me when/if I ever get a little pickup for Tink's younger sister and get the XR-7's powerplant decked out in "Surprise!" trim. Some young officer (probably with a WRX for a DD) pulls over this 'rodded out luxo-barge; and finds an old gray-haired wannabe cowboy behind the wheel :nonono:

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be my next-door neighbor. He caught 2 tickets in his '68 Stang before he put it up on blocks and later put on a badge. :p

another little truck? okay but no 6 cylinder, I've successfully proven that to be entirely too much motor for anyone who happens to be your daughter...

not to say I know where my lead foot and a good majority of my road rage comes from, although I have not bought my own cowbell to describe when some a-hole has pissed me off by cutting me off...yet im sure once i get a bit older a wiser and more mature i'll resort to something similar.:hail2:

Now you're reminding me of high school.
I was a very fortunate 16 year old, my first car was a 70 mach1 351c 4v 4spd.... you can imagine the interest of local law enforcement.
My sister worked at the local "pop in fresh" which later turned into Bakers Square..... well, that's where the local cops liked to hang out.

I used to get pulled over so the guys could ask if she was working or not!

Talk about making a kid nervous! Holy cow!

Glad to hear you got out of the ticket!