Resolved Clutch cable adjuster

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm having a problem with the clutch staying adjusted and made an assumption that is what the problem is. I installed a Ford Performance clutch with the cable and quadrant this summer. I think I have it adjusted and next time I drive car clutch disengagement is on the floor and is hard to shift but gets better as I get some heat in the clutch. I adjust it to get better engagement, seems fine and next time I drive same problem. This leads me to believe that the adjuster is not staying tight. I see other cable manufacturers have a locking mechanism on the adjuster so that makes me think this might be what the issue is. This is my first experience with this setup so I am curious as to what others have done and if this is what the problem is.

Car is primarily a HPDE car with limited use on the street. Street legal but not my daily driver and is trailered to events.

So you are you having to make the clutch cable tighter each time? If so I would suspect the clutch cable is bad. Happens here and there so you may want to check the cable and see if it is failing. Antoher thing to do would be to mark the threads on the adjuster with some white out or paint pen such that you can see if it is in fact screwing back into the firewall.

Reactions: 1 user
Aero you were right. I pulled cable and found 2 areas where cable sheath was broken. Not sure if installer or bbk at fault so just going to chalk it up as a lesson learned. Put in less than 5 months ago.

Found a Ford Performance heavy duty non adjustable cable on ebay for $25.00. I put it in using quadrant and firewall adjuster from bbk kit and works great. Bought a second for a spare. Hard to find this, thinking might be nos.

Yatesperformance.com is the seller. Found them here in similar threads.

Thanks for your help!

just to clarify, the username is yatesperformance (no .com) on ebay

Found a Ford Performance heavy duty non adjustable cable on ebay for $25.00...... Hard to find this, thinking might be nos.
That seems like good price for an FPP cable. :nice:

I don't think it's nos though. I believe that's the same cable FPP currently sells, just that it is only available as part of a kit, together with their hd clutch fork.

Maybe Yates is getting them seperately. Or they're buying the kit and selling the components individually. :shrug:

(Note that kit is available for a lil better price from AM, CJP, LMR, probably others.)

I just assumed it is nos.

When I replaced cable and clutch I could only find adjustable cables. Everything I read was that all except fpp or mm non adjustable would be a problem and I couldn't find either. The bbk seemed a good choice at the time but had cable issues from day installed.

I just found this recently and that lead to my assumption. Either way it works great with bbk quadrant and firewall adjuster.

I just assumed it is nos.
Not NOS but it doesn't mean it's no good either. When you get it, checkout and post up here: