clutch quadrant???

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
ok everyone should be pretty familiar with my mods by now so i wont list them. i was wondering if i need an adjustable clutch quadrant. i have an alum flywheel and mccleod clutch. what would the quadrant do for me and what brand should i be looking for? do i need an adjustable one?

• Sponsors (?)

From what I understand the Maximum Motorsports Quadrant, Firewall Adjuster and their modified OEM cable is the deal. I have one on the way. They take the ford OEM cable and modify it slightly to work with their adjuster so you don't have to jerry rig anything. That is why I got it...only time will tell if that is correct.

I went with a Fiore quadrant and adjuster (micro-click). Very simple to adjust. My stock adjuster couldn't give me the adjustment I needed. UPR has a copy, but I am not fond of UPR and their copied products.

MM all the way! I love my quad/adjuster! I also got the pedal height adjuster, but couldn't get the clutch engagement sensor to engage (so I couldn't turn the car on)...but I'm sure with some more fiddling I'll get it... Anyway, yeah your OEM cable should be fine if you go with MM - or if you feel its "worn" (which it shouldn't be) get their OEM replacement.

makes it go down a little easier, makes adjusting it really easy and you dont have to worry about the little plastic "paws" on the stock quadrant stripping out if you have a heavier clutch