clutch release bearing question.

drizzle

Founding Member
Dec 27, 2001
Pfafftown, NC
i am going to convert the clutch cable actuated release beraing in my T-5 to a hydraulic set up cause i am swapping a 302 and t_5 into an fc3s rx-7. but any ways..... i was thinking of using a pull style slave cylinder or a internal slave cylinder release beraing like on 5-speed f-150's. i am just trying to find some help or other ideas on how to go about doing it. i was kinda leaning toward the internal set up cause i have a set of full length's on the motor.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah but what about the pivot ball for the clutch fork. my memory may decieve me but i thought there were no other holes for it. also this is going in a mazda rx7. all i need to know about it the slave cylinder.

oh i will post up some pics when done. but it sounds to me like a fun swap. the car is about a foot shorter than a fox car. will weigh in at about 2500-2600 pounds. has a 4.10 rear diffy. and the engine and tranny that is going in it is out of my old 92 gt. that motor un tunned with 19 pound injectors put down 285rwhp, and 300rwtq. also supposidly the chassis is stiffer than a fox car but we will see.