Clutch squeeking

StickShift84

Oct 16, 2003
Rhode Island
Today I noticed that when I push in the clutch or lift it there is a definite squeek. Obviously I only hear it when the car is off. I was wondering whether or not this is a problem and if this is a factory part gone bad? I am hoping it would be something simple like having to buy an aftermarket quadrant and cable if there is something wrong.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Replaced my clutch today. Mine started doing the same thing, did it for about a week and all of the sudden it went from a minor noise to a sound that sounds like the devil screaming in your ear. It was just the throwout bearing (the little balls fell out of the actual bearing, could hear some of them hit the ground while driving). You can get by with just replacing the t.o. bearing, but I as well as most people would recomend to get a whole kit while you are in there (clutch, t/o bearing, pilot bearing, pressure plate. I got a king cobra kit from astroperformance for 169 shipped. Me and a friend did it and it took about 4 hours to instal. Good luck.