clutch sticking?

Devcon

Jul 19, 2011
Kansas
Hi
I went to go look at a 01 cobra that was suppose to be in mint condition, no problems. Well I drove 2 hours, when I got there it definatly was not mint. It had quite a few scratches, and some over spray on the inside of the door. The dealer said just take it for a drive, so I did. The clutch felt REALLY heavy and stuck to the floor for a few seconds. My question is what is wrong with it? The dealer said they thought it was a heavy duty clutch. I currently drive a 03 roush, and its clutch feels nothing like the cobra

• Sponsors (?)

The 01 were a heavy clutch. but it shouldnt stick at the floor. they were definetely a harder clutch to shift almost like you had to have it at the floor to shift. sticking like that could be a bad slave or one on its way out maybe

The 01 were a heavy clutch. but it shouldnt stick at the floor. they were definetely a harder clutch to shift almost like you had to have it at the floor to shift. sticking like that could be a bad slave or one on its way out maybe

Mustangs 99-2004 have Throw-Out Bearings, not hydraulic clutchs/slave cylinders. Thats for 2005 and up.

O.p. the best way to tell the condition of the the clutch is to look at the clutch disk and the pressure plate. Cars have personalities and act differently with the same problem sometimes.

If I am in your position and not planning to replace the clutch any time soon, getting an AES certified mechanic (preferbaly somone whom of which specializes in cars transmissions) pay him like 20 dollars (just to have the situation still seem professional and a little incentive) and have him/her test drive the car, would seem wise to me.

Buying used Mustangs and not planning on tearing into the cars transmission and engine seems like a waste to me. Just ones man's opinion.