Cobra Air Filter!!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm looking at doing the same think for my 2003 Cobra. From what I can gather you need the K&N FIPK Gen II Cold Air Induction kit. Summit has one available for my year for $169. I'm sure someone else has them too. I had a very similar kit on my 2000 GT and loved it. Good luck.

Lance

On my 94 t-bird it was called a filtercharger. I don't know if I would get the same thing again though. The open element air filters are debatable, you suck in hot air, with the engine compartment filters, but you do get more air to your engine. I noticed a difference on the t-bird(mostly stock). I plan on getting a cold air kit, same type of filter, cooler air, better combustion. You should be able to hear and feel a little difference at higher rpm's, with either one though. Good luck, becareful when you clean them, easy with the oil!

On the '03 Cobra, a CAI can be worth up to 20 RWHP! The only difference between a K&N filtercharger and a K&N FIPK is the FIPK has been C.A.R.B. certified, otherwise they are identical, at least on the 2003 Cobra model.

As far as whether you want an open element unit under your hood, or a true cold air unit that goes into the fender is up to you. My K&N Aircharger/FIPK for the '03 Cobra came with a heat shield that mounts around the open filter. Once the hood is closed it makes a seal that blocks out most of the under hood heat. K&N makes a FIPK unit for 1996 Cobra's, P/N 57-2523-2, and it costs $180. They also make an "Off Road" filtercharger for your car, P/N 63-1008, and it costs $100. You can get either of them here: http://www.4filters.com

U.M.

So many mixed comments on which intake makes what horsepower I'm still not decided and my intake has not been touched yet. :(

I'm currently leaning towards the K&N kit. but what's the difference between the FIPK and Aircharger and which provides more gains? :shrug: