Cobra badges with Roush body kit

• Sponsors (?)

The car is yours man do what you think looks good. That said there's a lot of purists which equal to haters out there that will take a pinky in the air attitude if they see that. But do you care?

Personally I like the Roush badges maybe a bit better then the Cobra. It's the understated touch that goes well with the body kit. Just my 2c.

I would so no, its not a cobra so why badge it as one? My old roommate has an '88 with a cobra body kit as well as some other cobra parts but he refuses to put cobra badges on it because it not a real cobra. That being said, it's your car, do what you want.

LOL!! I thought maybe being an ex Chevy guy I would be cut a little slack but I guess not.

why would you care what a few people in a forum think ? Do you like it ? Would it make you happy with the Cobra badges ? Who will drive the car everyday ? You or forum members ? I understand the need to ask for opinions, and everyone has one. And I do the same thing, but in the end, I ALWAYS do what I like and what I think looks best or works best. People on the street or at work/school won't critique your car to you. And no matter what you do, there is someone who won't like it or would have done it differently. Put SS badges on your car if you want. Don't be a lemming, be yourself. Your car will always look good to you that way.

why would you care what a few people in a forum think ?

Because he wants to get a sense of the majority feeling about putting poser cobra emblems on his car. He is concerned about being ridiculed and called out on what would be at best...a shabby deceipt. DON'T DO IT.

I agree. That's why he asked.

asking for opinions is good, I do it too. But ya got take all the opinions and info in, and make your own decision. I wouldn't put cobra badges on a non-cobra, but if I wanted to, and thought they looked good, I would. Even if someone called them poser badges. People are proud of their cars, why else fix them up ? Why else list every mod and track time in your sig ? We all do it, we love our cars. I may absolutely hate someone's taste in cars, but I'd never ridicule them, I'm thinking most people here wouldn't either.

I don't think you should do it. To me it's like putting a Chevy logo on a Ford although not as drastic I don't think a car should be symboled something that it's not. I could see if say you used a Roush grille and used the Roush badge on the grille since it's their product then OK. But it is your car so whatever you wanted to do with it is your deal, you make the payments .

If you dont mind getting sneered at by cobra owners, and creating online arguements between 12 year olds on youtube .

"zOMG, today i saw a new roush cobra, it looked so kewl"
"DmBASS! their is No Rosh CObra!"
"Yahuuh, i saw it with my own eyes, the owner Says its uh 10 second car"
"DUDe i cant wait to tell my stupid friends! But a suprah is like wayyyy better because its a small motor and makes like 856 hp!!!"'
"Ricerz are stoopid, what a n00b"
...etc

So my vote would be a "not a good idea"

I would personally say no as it's not a Cobra, but it is your car and what you like is what ultimately counts. I don't see how just a body kit could justify a iconic higher powered Stang badge:shrug: It would be different if you put a Roush blower on it with Cobra emblems, but still, I wouldn't do it...

Eventhough I have the Cobra front, I didn't want the Cobra badging and stuck with the traditional running pony for the fenders and the grille, but that is what I like:nice: