Cobra eater

spanky442

Feb 3, 2004
I own a 1993 Cobra and a 1997 Cobra. I love both cars. The 1993 is my favorite. I was born and bread with GM. So I rebelled and joined the ranks of Ford to p-off the old man I guess. Well the old man got his revenge. He just finished the ground resto on his 70 442 W-30, 455 4spd. Well lets just say that both my cobra could describe in detail what the taillights of his 442 look like. This car is all original, he didn't do much to improve performance, engine may have a little more power than stock, gearing is stock and he made the suspension a little more modern, but overall it is the way its was in 1970. So, I am on a mission now, I must find a classic mustang and defeat my old man. War has been declared in our family and hopefully he will give me at least 5yrs to build my car like he did with his..........lol.

• Sponsors (?)

spanky442 said:
I own a 1993 Cobra and a 1997 Cobra. I love both cars. The 1993 is my favorite. I was born and bread with GM. So I rebelled and joined the ranks of Ford to p-off the old man I guess. Well the old man got his revenge. He just finished the ground resto on his 70 442 W-30, 455 4spd. Well lets just say that both my cobra could describe in detail what the taillights of his 442 look like. This car is all original, he didn't do much to improve performance, engine may have a little more power than stock, gearing is stock and he made the suspension a little more modern, but overall it is the way its was in 1970. So, I am on a mission now, I must find a classic mustang and defeat my old man. War has been declared in our family and hopefully he will give me at least 5yrs to build my car like he did with his..........lol.

Those dam 442's :D

spanky442 said:

I have a 1965 Coupe with a new 400hp 289 (now 306) professionally built by Alternative Auto. I have $26k into the car but have lost interest. It is 80% through completion of an anal-retentive restoration but I'd rather have a '97-'98 Cobra. Let me know if you want to trade... [email protected]

spanky442 said:
hmm, sorry but the wife has claimed the 97 has hers, even though I paid for it, funny how that works out. The only way I can't part with that is for a new cobra. But, if you are selling send me pics and details. [email protected]

LMAO! I can totally relate! I seem to remember having a drag car... but somehow she ended up with it... As for my '65, I've been meaning to snap some pics and throw it up on eBay, selling all the NOS stuff, engine, AOD, and other things seperately. I'm either looking for an easy trade or to minimize my losses by parting it out. If you want, I can let you know when I do get some pics and get ready to put it up on eBay. It sounds like what you'd be looking for... A tasteful sleeper with all of the "hidden" Shelby GT350 mods... you'd never know they were there : )
Cheers!

You sound like and old school version of me and my dad. I have a 97 cobra and he has and 04. His supercharged ass is kick my ass. I am saving up to supercharge mine though and it is only a matter of time.

I had a 65 coupe years ago and I sold it and got into the Cobra. My dream right now would be to find a 67ish fastback and try to transplant the drivetrain of a modern cobra, preferably an 03-04. www.stangparts.com sell them used from $6-8K and downs ford has em for $12,500. I would make it tasteful, keep it original looking except for under the hood. Thats a big investment for me right now so I will just dream unless something reasonable comes up. So I will look for your car and hey you never know. Thanks.