Cobra r Hood, Pics Please!!

ford1288

Mar 26, 2007
Hey guys. So im looking to get a paint job on my stang soon and im debating on whether to get a hood or not. I have found a cheap cervinis cobra R hood, problem is i dont know how it will look on my Lx. So im wondering if anyone has some pictures of a basically stock exterior Lx with a cobra r hood on it. I dont plan on adding anything else to the body, just lowering the car eventually. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

old pic but you get the idea

attachment.php

THEBOCSEZ-how did you ever manageto get a hood to look that good from champion fiberglass,all i've heard are horror stories about the quality of those hoods,yours looks great.

Thank you.

I have read bad things about them too, but it seems like a lot of people think Champion Fiberglass is just another name for Cobra Auto Designs and some other poor quality hood company that I cant think of right now.

I got mine, it came with a finished underliner and fit nice. It did take a small amount of work in that I had to elongate the bolt holes on the hood latch receiver bracket and pull it up some to get the hood to latch, I also had to trim a little off of the rubber bumpers that mount on the fender and cushion the hood, but other than that, just bolted it on.

Drove around with it on for about 3 weeks as it came. This was recommended to allow full curing. Took it to the paint shop and the wasnt told of any unusual problems with the hood.

It fits tight and dosent wobble at speed, so for about 200.00 + less than the Cervinis, I cant complain.

Wow, $170 for a new lift off hood... I think I will be going with Champion Fiberglass! I don't care if I have to put a few hours into fitting and trimming, and then pay a shop for a couple hours of shaping if I have too!

I bought a Cobra R SVO hood from champion fiberglass. You get what you pay for. It was the cheapest hood I could find, so i bought it. The hood is perfect fits good and looks good the only diffrence between champion fiberglass hoods and other higher dollar hoods is the amount of prep you have to do before painting. There is more sanding to do and on the Cobra R SVO hoods the underside of the scoop is not finished so you will have to smooth it out if you want. Overall after all is done the hood looks perfect and fits perfectly.