Cobra vs SRT-4

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by YellowLightning, Jun 2, 2005.

1. missouri_guy197

missouri_guy197 New Member

This one is pretty fast:

[​IMG]
  2. SVT98Snake

SVT98Snake New Member

What color was the Cobra??

Do you know if it was Jen or Charity?
  3. OxMox

OxMox turkeysammichesonhisface

I think if he is stock... like non of the fatory mods, then you should be able to beat him no problem. I just don't like those things, they're ugly and they're still a dodge NEON!, no matter what way you look at it or how much boost it's running or if it has nitrous and what not, to me it's still a neon and that's all it'll every be. :notnice:

..Go and kick his ass is what I say, but thats just me.
  4. 97vVCOBRAVv

97vVCOBRAVv New Member

5. Silver2003Cobra

Silver2003Cobra New Member

I'm thinking this would be a very close race.. he's lighter, but you have more hp and RWD..
  6. Chris Doss

Chris Doss Founding Member

That video cracked me up!!
  7. 97vVCOBRAVv

97vVCOBRAVv New Member

yeah... there should be more like it!
  8. SVT32VDOHC

SVT32VDOHC waiting for the next hack atta Founding Member

Don't worry about it. My friend just got an Srt-4...it is slow. They are fast for a 4cyl, but they can't compete with your Cobra. He might keep up with you in 1st gear, but when he shifted into 2nd gear, the power is gone...even though the boost gauge still says 15psi, its a 4cyl, its slow. Go race him and stomp him for all of us cobra owners!!
  9. SiR-DC2

SiR-DC2 New Member

Not to be a real ****head but open your minds a little...you may not meet a fast one due to the owner...what your vortec sc cobra runs I was doing on my stock turbo and street tires, not drag radials. My car trapped 113-114 consistently w/ out nitrous...on the bottle I was going 120+. That $3500 in mods, all mods including lowering it, not just power mods.
    don't get me wrong I think my cobra is a better car but it's not faster than my old neon srt and mine isn't stock.
  10. SVT32VDOHC

SVT32VDOHC waiting for the next hack atta Founding Member

:bs: I highly doubt that. That is a mid to high 13 second car with a Stage I on it. Also, a 2.27 60ft time with little power will never propel a you into an E/T or trap like that.

Although no matter how fast an SRT-4 is....the owners are still driving a NEON, and that really has to suck... :rlaugh:
  11. SiR-DC2

SiR-DC2 New Member

You really are a funny guy...my car dynoed 300whp and 345ftlbs on the stock turbo only and weighed 3,050 lbs w/ me in it. I made 380whp and 425ftlbs when I had nitrous...so you trying to math out a car you do not understand won't work...I don't lie to people because this is the internet.
    20 SRT4finally Turbo + Nitrous 380.0 2.276 [email protected] [email protected] Details
    http://www.srtforums.com/forums/timeslips.php?&do=quartermph

You see my cobra weighs 3450 w/ me in it.....like I said I'm not dogging cars, I just don't like being called a liar by someone who doesn't know the potential of said cars.
  12. POWER302

POWER302 Founding Member

My S-10 runs high 13s on a 75 shot.. And I have raced a friend of mines SRT4 numerous times. He only has a catback and he made the ram-air hood scoop functional. And From a dead stop to about 100 mph it is super close.. And I have beat a Stock 01 Cobra in my S-10 before by about a car..

A stock 96-98 Cobra Vs A stock SRT4 is gonna be a drivers race. Neither car has a real upper hand.
  13. 9COBRA7

9COBRA7 Founding Member

If you have a stock Cobra against stock Neon it will be no doubt the cobra, unless you miss one shift then you just handed the race over. If hes got a couple things done that most SRT's get done then it becomes a little tricky. Never race one from a roll, for some reason they take off good from a roll, and you may keep up but it will be impossible to pass. Now I got my car dynoed recently and im making 281 HP w/ 278ft. Tq. and I have trouble, those with a stock Cobra saying they beat srt stock or modded its hard to belive that, stock cobras dyno around 260 266 to the rear wheel... I know cuz I had my car dynoed when I first got it.
  14. sally_stang5

sally_stang5 New Member