Coil overs on the street?

I want to put Coil overs on my car after Install some MM Caste/Camber plates. A buddy of mine says the will be noisy, have a harsh ride and ruin the driveability of my car. Especially on the street (DD). Is this tru?
I currently have Eibach launch springs and Lakewood 70/30s and the car sits low in the back and real high in the front. I want to lower the fron without cutting the springs. What brand should I use? Didnt 91TT use the UPR with no problem? FINALLY: Waht spring rate should I get? I want to as close as possible replicate the way the car launches (drag springs in there now) without the coil overs. Thnak gusy!

• Sponsors (?)

I have an MMR front coil over kit with 175 lb springs. They don't make any noise. I'm happy with them. For the rear I have 12 way adjustable QA1 shocks/coil overs with 150lb springs. I love the way my car rides/handles with them.

Heres UPRs kit...The ride is very nice...Better than stock...

pics5034.jpg

Kelly

Attachments

• pics5034.jpg
    pics5034.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 85
i have the full mm coil over kit it was 1,600 dallars knowing the differance it made in my car i would have paid 3600 for the same results, you will never regret the money for a second, mm has custom tuned bilstines, and as any good racer knows the suppension is 98% about the shocks, call mm buy and enjoy a brand new car

UPR=GARBAGE!!!!! Period!!!

Had them on my 89 coupe.

The "ONLY" reason I had them on was because I used to do some work for UPR and I got them for free.

They DO rattle and they DO make noise. There are NO rubber isolaters so they transmit every road noise into your car.

When you jack the car up there is NO tension on the spring and the whole assembly just flops around.

I would NEVER do it again in a street car. Its just not worth it IMHO.
581377_114_full.jpg

Sorry for the rant, just don't want you to be dissapointed, thats all.

If anyone tells you any different they are lying to you.

If I was going to even consider a coilover setup it would have to have isolaters and be solidly mounted to the strut.

04sleeper said:
UPR=GARBAGE!!!!! Period!!!

Had them on my 89 coupe.

The "ONLY" reason I had them on was because I used to do some work for UPR and I got them for free.

Yea, comin from someone who sold one of the nicest coupes Ive ever seen :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

J/K! :nice: So you think I should hold out and save for the MM kist? im only doing the front because I will eventually have a tubular K member and tubular A arms.

fox racer said:
Yea, comin from someone who sold one of the nicest coupes Ive ever seen :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

J/K! :nice: So you think I should hold out and save for the MM kist? im only doing the front because I will eventually have a tubular K member and tubular A arms.
Lol...Yeah well.... Thanks for the compliment. My new car fit the shoes nicely to replace it.:D

Yes, if it were me I would wait until you could save up for the better kit. It seems MM is one of the best ones out on the market and would probably be the one I would buy if I had to do it again. That or KW or something alike.

As far as the K-Member and a-arms are concerned, they were nice and worked well but I do not support or reccomend anything they sell anymore due to the owner's poor busniess ethics.:notnice:

Let's just say I have made him a lot of money off my ideas....:mad: