Cold-AIr Intake: Mustang Racing Technologies

jt14894

Apr 6, 2005
Florida
I just got the current issue of 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords and, included, is a 2005 Mustang Performance Parts Buyer's Guide.
I was reading through this and noticed one of the intakes listed is one from Mustang Racing Technologies (MRT) called the MRT/SSD cold-air intake.
The bolt-on kit includes a smooth flow air-intake tube, a new mass airflow sensor housing to maintain proper air/fuel ratio, K&N air filter, and an enclosed air box to shield from engine compartment heat.
I was just curious to know if anybody has heard of it or has it installed and if it requires a tuner. Also, what kind of performance gains does it produce.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I have on about to get installed. It does NOT require a re-tune.

Straight bolt on 10-12hp

Scott Hoag from MRT explained why it does not need a tune. Not all CAI's need a tune depending on how they were designed.

He also stated there would be a tune available on Diablosports website eventually for even more gains (25hp)

Boomer v3.8 said:
I have on about to get installed. It does NOT require a re-tune.

Straight bolt on 10-12hp

Scott Hoag from MRT explained why it does not need a tune. Not all CAI's need a tune depending on how they were designed.

He also stated there would be a tune available on Diablosports website eventually for even more gains (25hp)

Cool!
Thanks for the info.