Cold Air Intake

• Sponsors (?)

Have done lots of reading on this subject. Finally got the K&N FIPK since I saw some dyno numbers on an 03 with similar mods as me. The car dyno'd with 25 more rwhp and I was sold. Its easy to install and love the SOTP difference Im getting now.

Cobra18 said:
Is fuel injection and cai the same?
Like BZ's_03_SVT stated above, they are not the same. K&N uses the acronym FIPK (Fuel Injection Performance Kit) so I can see where you might get confused. Most of the "CAI's" on the market are not TRUE CAI's... The Densecharger or JLT system are both true CAI's, but they are a pain to install and service...

U.M.

I picked up the new Mac Straight shot and I am very happy with the results. I have not had it dyno-ed yet, but she pulls harder now. This kit comes with a 95mm mass-air tube also. I got it at RPM Outlet for about $240. I notice the power is smoother threw the whole powerband. More power, but smoother.

I can't say enough good things about this CAI kit!

Rogue Cobra

Rogue Cobra said:
I picked up the new Mac Straight shot and I am very happy with the results. I have not had it dyno-ed yet, but she pulls harder now. This kit comes with a 95mm mass-air tube also. I got it at RPM Outlet for about $240. I notice the power is smoother threw the whole powerband. More power, but smoother.

I can't say enough good things about this CAI kit!

Rogue Cobra

BE VERY CAREFUL AND STAY OUT OF BOOST UNTIL YOU GET TO A DYNO!!!

I've only read & heard about 2 others who have installed that MAC straight shot thus far and both of them stated it leaned their A/F way out!

U.M.

1990StangLX said:
i'm ordering a JLT CAI this weekend :shrug: installation doesn't bug me and K&N's don't need to be serviced for a long time anyways.

Just keep in mind if you even want to look at the filter or MAF to inspect it you'll need to either pull the inner fender liner back so you can see it or you'll have to disassemble the unit itself and pull the MAF & filter out of the fender. Be sure to look VERY CLOSELY at the rubber boot that mates the JLT to the throttle body. The rubber boot provided does not aways fit properly when initially installed and requires some adjusting from what I hear. I've seen a couple pictures of JLT installs and both of them portrayed poor fitment in this area.

U.M.
attachment.php?attachmentid=4850

attachment.php?attachmentid=4849

Attachments

• attachment.php?attachmentid=4850
    attachment.php?attachmentid=4850
    17.8 KB · Views: 62
  • attachment.php?attachmentid=4849
    attachment.php?attachmentid=4849
    49.6 KB · Views: 62
Uncle Meat said:
Just keep in mind if you even want to look at the filter or MAF to inspect it you'll need to either pull the inner fender liner back so you can see it or you'll have to disassemble the unit itself and pull the MAF & filter out of the fender. Be sure to look VERY CLOSELY at the rubber boot that mates the JLT to the throttle body. The rubber boot provided does not aways fit properly when initially installed and requires some adjusting from what I hear. I've seen a couple pictures of JLT installs and both of them portrayed poor fitment in this area.

U.M.

i noticed that too where it meets the throttle body, but if it is tight and the dyno is right?

My JLT cold air wasn't difficult at all to install. Of course I had help from the wife so being that it was a two person job, it definitely helped. Servicing the filter isn't hard as long you raise the car up and remove the tire to gain easy access to the filter. Might just take a little time.