Comments on this 347 buildup...Plus Questions?

jldcobra95

Feb 8, 2003
NJ
Okay, here is the 347 buildup that I am planning:
- Dart Sportsman Block
- Scat 4340 Forged Crank and H-Beam Rods - 28oz Balance
- JE/SRP Flat Top Pistons
- MSD Billet Distributor
- Accufab 70mm Throttle Body
- Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump
- Upgrade stock fuel lines
- Milodon 7 qt. oil pan
- AFM Hi-Rev N-71 or N-91 Camshaft

The following components I already have from my current motor:
- Aeromotive Fuel Rails
- Victor Jr. Heads (Box Stock) Plan to Install AFM Valve Springs
- Performer RPM Intake (Box Stock)
- NOS Big Shot Plate/Wet System
- 75mm Pro-M Bullet MAS
- C4 Trans/4:10 Gears
- MAC 1 5/8" Long Tubes/ 2 1/2" Pro Chamber & Pro Dumps
- Hooiser 28X9 Slicks
- Car weighs 3150 with driver

Questions:
1. I currently have 30lb Injectors and 190lph in-tank with T-Rex fuel pump. Do you think I need to upgrade any of these components?
2. With a 150hp NOS Shot, do you think this is a mid to low 10 second 1/4 mile ride? Mid 11's N/A ?
3. Which camshaft do you think is a better match for my combo - the AFM N-71 or N-91 or would you recommend any other cam?
4. Any other comments regarding my combo. I want to try and use as many components from my old combo but also want to make this car run mid to low 10's on Nitrous. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If your dead set on an afm cam, use at least the n91 out of those 2 choices. I personally would go with a custom from www.camshaftinnovations.com That rpm intake is gonna really kill you. Put a victor on that thing along with a 75-90mm TB. Your gonna NEED an 1 3/4" longtube. 30lb injectors will be iffy on the combo, i'd use a 42lb.

Grn92LX: Thanks for the comments! No, I am not positive on the AFM Cam and may go with a custom cam as you had suggested. The reason I plan to stay with the Performer RPM Intake is that the NOS Big Shot Plate matches this intake. I may get the lower ported on the head side to help it out somewhat.

I think you should see mid 10s easily. I am not too familliar with how a car would run with a c-4, but I can tell you that I went high 10s with a 306 with a stock cam/TFS intake and heads, and right around 150hp of nitrous(with a a Tremec trans). So you should be there easily with the CI bump.

Just be sure you can supply the fuel. What are you planning to do to replace the stock lines??

fiveoboy02:Just be sure you can supply the fuel. What are you planning to do to replace the stock lines??

I plan on replacing the lines from the tank to the Aeromotive Fuels Rails with -10AN stainless steel braided lines and the Aeromotive A1000 pump.

The NOS System is a wet plate system that supplies additional fuel.

Also, the C4 Trans is a PA Pro C4 with a 9" Race Converter with around 3600rpm stall.

jldcobra95 said:

I plan on replacing the lines from the tank to the Aeromotive Fuels Rails with -10AN stainless steel braided lines and the Aeromotive A1000 pump.

Sounds good. I was told, when I was putting my car together, to run a slightly larger line from cell/tank to the pump than I was using for a main feed. I also used a -10 as the feed to the front of the car, so I used a -12 from my cell to the pump. Something you may want to try as well.

I did catch the fact that you were using a plate system. I used a dry system and over 90 psi of fuel pressure along with 42#ers. It won't be as critical for you, because you won't have to worry about pressure drop nearly as much.

AFMs cams work great for n/a high rev applications. I run the N-111 and have been impressed by it. Since you're planning the 150 shot though you may want to call Rick and get his recommendation because he may have something else that'll work better for you.