Commiting suicide if stangnet fails me!

jlisle01

Dec 29, 2004
McAlester,OK
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Went to put the powerslot rotors and hawk pads on today and guess what? I can't get the rear pistons to compress. Heard that before? Me too. The problem is, the old answers don't work. Yes, I've tried turning them clockwise. Yes, I've tried compressing them with a spreader. No, the parking break is NOT on. Yes, Ive tried opening the break bleeder screw to relieve pressure. Please help!

• Sponsors (?)

If this is any help I had this same problem with my 01 mustang...I had to go to OReileys for a tool that looked kinda like a cube and you put it into the brake piston and screw it in rather than compress...and you have to have the cap off the master cylinder while you are doing this...hope that helps

:SNSign:

Nope, same size and weight. I thought power slot made their own rotors but these have ford stampings on them. Apparently powerslot just takes stock rotors and then slots and coats them. If I had to do it again, I think I'd go with some Eradispeed two piece rotors or something similar.

they are the same style as the earlier mustangs.. you turn them clockwise to compress,but you need the tool to do it sometimes becuase you need a slight downdard presure.

If you already tried to compress them by pushing them in you may end up needing two new calipers. Your car is very new I don't see how they could possibly be seized yet so go to a parts store that lends out tools and get the right tool and compress them the right way.

Thanks guys, I went to the local parts place and bought the square tool for turning the pistons and guess what? The pistons too big for any of the sides on the tool. So I finally got pissed , pulled the calipers off the car, made a tool with my dremel and an old socket I had laying around, and got the job done. A little pressure is hardly what it took though, I had to put them on a work bench and put all my considerable weight on the damn things while turning them. A tool is an absolute must for this job, forget the pliers. And how you're suppose to get it while the caliper's on the car is beyond me. Anyway, I got 'em on, so we'll see how they work on the road course this weekend.