Computer savvy people, need some help...

Hef5.0weisen

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 5, 2004
NorthWest Florida
Please respond in plain language, I'm not very computer smart....

I'm trying to download the BDE and Alpha release 9 from the Tweecer website, (in anticipation of my incoming toy). Computer will take em, but an error message comes up saying not enough space on drive C, while trying to run either of them. Well, when looking at the properties of drive c it says there is ~30 G of free space, and either require ~3.5 m....looks like there is plenty of room.

I googled it, didn't help me, saw something saying there is a problem with the total space being a multiple of 4 (total is 52.44), and to remedy it by adding or removing files to the drive, but that didn't change the total capacity.

Thats as best as I can explain...any help is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Very odd. You don't have any disk quotas set that you're aware of, right? Also, what OS are you using? I seem to recall some issue with Vista, but there was a fix for it. I'll have to do some searching around.

Yeah, could be an issue with Vista. I don't know anything about the software, but I know some software likes to install to c:\ instead of c:\program files and Vista has problems with that at times.

The disk full error with plenty of space available usually means either there's a quota set like Matt mentioned, or you don't have permissions to write to the folder you're trying to write to.

ok do you have a built in memory card reader? if so drive c could automatically be assigned to a memory card reader. it happened to me. i couldnt install programs or anything cause magically drive c turned into drive e. and now drive c is now the memory card reader. but you can always go back and reassign a drive to another letter.

oh yeah and on the install run as an administrator. vista is a bitch preinstalled. thats why any computer or laptop i get a preinstalled windows i just format and delete it and reinstall vista black on it. plus i enable the special administrator account and give my original user name full control. its really easy to do. you got to have patience with this stuff.

I got to clicking on tabs and turning settings on and off. Did see that quota note in there, don't think it was the problem, wasn't enabled(?) Not using vista....

Go the c drive note to stop coming up, got a desktop icon for each now, click on them, the wizard comes up to install/run, I've tried both, and same thing...it'll run thru the install wizard and that's it...I'll mess with it more tommorow,

thanks for looking