Concept vs. Production photos

Is there something wrong with wanting the fb above over the 05?:D Must be cause I'm a die-hard classic fan. But the 05 stang is very impressive for a redesign. I'll just be waiting to see how ford and the aftermarket take care of it.

• Sponsors (?)

RICKS said:
Also, there's alot more rear overhang on the production car, which probably is to ensure that the trunk serves as more than a glorified duffle-bag.

That's the one thing that bugs me about the production version - too much rear overhang. Makes it look a little stretched. Trunk space is not the reason I buy Mustangs. Otherwise, I like the looks of the 05.

SVTdriver said:

HA!, Yes, thank you for posting that, I was looking for that, I keep hearing how much overhang and how different the production is from the concept. That proves just how close the production was to the concept. I think this is the first time that a production model was so close to the concept. Rememeber the 63 Mustang? What about the Mach III concept? I'm not directing this towards you SVTdriver, just to all those doubters.

Ahhhh, feels so good to rant every once in a while.:p

I think the production version looks pretty similiar to the concept in terms of the lines of the car. The production car looks better with the wheels, the back end is nicer looking in my opinion too.

Venkman said:
oh man, ford screwed up bad. The concept looked amazing and that looks like a total water down.... :(

You really can't expect the production to be just like the concept, there are things like cost, practicality, and safety requirements. If you expected the concept, I think you pretty much deserve to be let down. I loved the concept, and I love the production, from what I see, I'm going to very happy to have one of these in my garage. Ford never said, "The production is the concept car." They said it would look similar, and it does.

Hmmmm.
mustang2big.jpg

mystang002.jpg

The production model does look SWEET.

I JUST wished the front end would have been a little more aerodynamic.

I doubt they even put this car in the wind tunnel.

I also THINK that little rear window will even pop open... possibility?

Well at least the door doesnt seem to be 6' long like 94-current models. :nice:

Personally I like the quarter window. Reminds me of the early Shelby and I'm sure that was the inspiration for that. The tire to fender clearence is much better looking than the 99-04. They finally put the gas cap on the correct side.

I don't like the front end on the concept or production but the production front looks the better of the two in appearence to me. Nostagia is okay to a point but that just looks like two steps backwards in aero. If they finally put the steering column in the car straight and paid some attention to pedal placements and seat comfort that'll be a plus. Those wheels are BUTT UGLY!

Do you reckon they used a tranny that will shift right? Will the IRS work for everyone? Time will tell so I'm stickin with my 99 GT till it does.