control arm and sway bar question

• Sponsors (?)

everybody says it makes a big differance well it does. But my stock ones were shot. It feels more stable when going sideways and at launch. It was to wet to hang any fast turns today so don't know about that. They were very easy to install, I sprayed the bolts with penetrating oil a day before I replaced them. Did them by myself but a friend helped me line up the sway bar. Alittle tip for everyone use two jacks one under the pumpkin and one under the very front of the pumpkin where the driveshaft enters the diff.. you can get it to line up easy this way. Also no need to use a spring compressor just jack your car up with the wheels off and put a couple of hose clamps on. Then take off the shocks loosen everything and drop the axle as far as it will go even push it down to make it go alittle further then just pull the springs out. The guy I bought the control arms from has a mustang shop and I asked him how much he would charge to change them and he told me a hundred dollors.......glad i didn't pay.

So far I have installed my catback, underdrive pulleys, C&L intake and maf tube, cobra intake manifold, 3.73 gears and bearings front and back, lower control arms, it makes a differance when you can say you did everything or most everything to your own car and you don't have to worry about anybody else funking up your car. I did have someone put my offroad xpipe on for me and when they did it threw my exhaust tips off one of them comes close to hitting my passenger rear tire.

You also appreciate your car a lot more and take better care of it imo if you do it yourself. Plus you gain the experience of doing it and someday someone might be asking you for help and you can have the knowledge of doing it and know exactly what to do :nice: