Convertable door belt molding removal

• Sponsors (?)

GT too ??

i was wondering if the same goes for a GT Hatch as well I am about to do the same on my 92 GT! I also want to do the moldings on the windsheild as well if any one has any input on those as well please post on how to get them off !

Hatch is the same on the door trim...

Window moldings your best bet is a flat screw driver. Look at the molding, and you should see where there are clips holding it on. Get the screw driver between the clip and the trim and pry. Be very careful though, they bend extremely easy. The back window comes off the same as the windshield, the 1/4 windows you need to remove the interior panel, then there are a good dozen or so nuts. Then pry the window out very carefully. The trim that runs along the top of the door on the body, there is one screw at the very front (in the door jamb, right above where the side view mirror is) once that is undone some prying should get it off.

It worked the same when I took the trim off to paint Frankenstang's Capri. I don't think it's quite the same deal on my '86 'vert, though. I need to replace the trim there on the driver's door (or at least fix it) because some douche banged a huge dent into the trim near the mirror a long time ago...