Convertible engine mount or standard with longtubes?

Ok well that's better I've been reading since I had them off people having to remove the shaft to install it and in some cases order a flaming river one. I may have read it wrong or they mistyped

After 8 months I'm still waiting them on already

.:Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II:.
That would probably be why MAC redesigned them... maybe???
I have talked to Manny at MAC several times, and to me anyway, they seem to be re-engineering parts more than other companies that just make one design and stick with it for decades, even after flaws are apparent. IMO Hooker is one of those. My father bought a set of their SuperComps for his car in 1979, and over the years, he, then myself, have had those headers on and off many times, and replaced them with new ones from Hooker at least once (many years later). It got to where we could see all the design flaws in those headers, and the thought crossed our minds "Why would Hooker not want to make them better?", but they never did.To this day, if you buy that header from Hooker, every single bend, weld, flange, etc... is identical to the set we bought in 79. We would have used another brand header, but Hooker was pretty much the only company that made headers for our application until relatively recently, so we were at their mercy. I get the feeling if we were buying MAC headers, each set we bought over time would have been better than the last. Just my take, I could be wrong.

• Sponsors (?)

Here are the Flowtechs (sold as Summit brand also):
. FlowtechHeaders4_zps031b53bf.jpg
I wish the pic was taken from a different angle, you don't get a feel for how much those last 2 tubes, but especially #8, wrap the steering shaft. If you saw it, the pics that I find don't express just how far out that #8 pipe sticks. If you look close at the pic, you see where you have to cut the flange at the head (no, they didn't cut it for you), and install the #8 pipe seperately, or the headers will not go in. It is WAY over to the side, it makes things harder than they have to be, clearances tighter than they have to be, and from looking at other headers, they sure didn't need to do it this way. I am under the impression that the old style MACs that people speak of were similar to this.

I put a red line approx where the shaft runs, but again, not seeing it in 3d doesn't do it justice

It just hit me... Flowtech is a Hooker brand. :rolleyes:

qu3ugyzy.jpg
yry9ydaz.jpg
juva8a3a.jpg
uvamudeb.jpg

I took a pic of the Mac and this is why I thought the shaft went in between the tubes with all the space. I'm glad they do redesign, I read that in the 5.0 mag they were revising so you don't have to jack up the engine etc
Can you draw on mine when the shaft go?

.:Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II:.

Attachments

• qu3ugyzy.jpg
    qu3ugyzy.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 85
  • yry9ydaz.jpg
    yry9ydaz.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 84
  • juva8a3a.jpg
    juva8a3a.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 72