Converting 86 Dash to 89

92mustangSC

Oct 30, 2003
Just not sure if this is possible at this time and if it has been done. IF so just pls let me know if its possible and if you wan't post how it is done and about how long it should take. Thx alot hope to hear from someone.

• Sponsors (?)

ok, gotta speak from my own, i got a four eyed mustang and wanted the same thing, to convert it over to the 87 up style, and i wish i would have just bought what i wanted. there are so many problems when you change the car, you have to change eveyything for the conversion, you have cut wires everywhere, next thing you want to change the engine to efi and blah blah blah, it can be done, and i did it on mine, except the dash, and i regret it, i love my car, but i should have painted it sold it and bought a 87 up, just my 2cents

i think the best advice is get everything from parts car, and pay addention to how it is taken out and then vary slowly and neatly put everything in your car, and change your heater core while your at it to save you the work of doing it later, maybe take pics and do a wright up on it for everyone eles, just my thoughts

It can be done... I dunno how though. Personally I think the pre 87 dashes are much cooler and more muscle car styled. I'd never change it. I would throw some autometer white faced gauges in it though, like what 795.0pacecar has