COP testing?

aparker813

Aug 30, 2005
i was referred to a thread on another board about my hesitation problem after washing the engine and he said one of his cops went bad. We pulled all of mine off and one sounds like it has something loose sliding around or something but I would like to test them if possible, anyone got any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

If you are talking about an owner's manual you can get one from Ford.com. It takes some work to find it and get it though... And you WILL need your VIN

Kilgore Trout said:
If you are talking about an owner's manual you can get one from Ford.com. It takes some work to find it and get it though... And you WILL need your VIN
no i meant the haynes manual, although i dont have an owners manual either so thats good to know too

yea i know im tryin to find one online so i can get that done either tonight or tomorrow...i've already looked at the two closest places to me and neither had the one for my car, only 5.0s

Troubleshooting COP:
-connect a ohm meter across the coil primary and negative should be 0.55 ohs
-connect an ohm meter across the secondary terminals shold be 5.5 K-ohms

Also, while working with the coils, make sure there is no liquid in the plug wells. Make sure you use slilicone dielectric compound on all electrical mating surfaces. Make sure you use silicone spray on the rubber boot to make a good seal and prevent liquid in the plug wells in the future.