CORROSION!!!

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by mustangmike6996, Jun 12, 2008.

1. MustangNelly66

MustangNelly66 New Member

Hood Corrosion

My 2008 Mustang GT had hood corrosion last spring. It was out of warrenty but Ford ANd my dealership paid to have it painted.......8 mos later, I notice that it's corroding again under the hood by the lip!! I need a whole new hood AND it has to be re-painted. Ford refused to pay for any of it. I am going to contact them and possibly get my lawyer involved if necessary. Has anyone had any luck getting Ford to take care of their problem with this?
  2. MustangNelly66

MustangNelly66 New Member

Hi.....I had corrosion that creeped from the lip underneath up onto the front of my car. Last March Ford paid 1/2 and my dealer paid the other 1/2 of the paint job. I was surprised that they painted the SAME hood! I would have bought a new hood if I had the chance. Now, 10 months later, it is creeping up onto the front of my car again. I am going to Ford today to see if they will give me "cost" on new paint and a hood or I have to trade it in. It's very sad because I love my 2008 Mustang GT!!
  3. SpartaPerformance

SpartaPerformance Site Sponsor

Paint perforations are covered for 5 years from your warranty start date on OASIS
  4. Ronbo

Ronbo New Member

My 2008 that I bought from Ford is now bubbling in same spot as all of the alumnimum hoods above driver side headlight. Dealer knew exactly about this problem as they have seen this before. Extended warranty no good on this, Ford not going to cover. Quality is number 1 my a**. Got to talk to a Tommy, a superviser @ Ford Corporate Customer Sevice, great listener, but since it is not a saftey issue, no recalls, no warranty. Not his or Ford's problem. Big Ford fan, but now I cannot support a Company that does not care about loyalty or taking care of a known factory defect. People can only share about great products? Believe me, word of mouth goes faster now than ever. Thank you internet and this website, my only wish is that I would of read about this known factory defect sooner here rather than living it.