Couple Questions About About A 97 Cobra....

CT97SVT

Jan 31, 2004
New To The Board Here And Hope You Guys Can Answer A Few Questions. I Have A 97 Cobra With 90k. The Stock T45 Let Go Back In November And The Car Has Been Hibernating All Winter Because I Will Not Drive It In The Salt And Sand Here In Ct. My Question Is...i Have A Friend That Has A Tremec Tko (about 2k Miles) Short Throw Shifter(not Sure Of What Kind) And A Centerforce Clutch....will This Bolt Directly Into My 97 Cobra???? I Have Heard Conflicting Things But Never A Straight Answer.....some People Say Its A Bolt In Others Say I Need Bell Housing And Yet Others Say It Will Work With A Different Clutch......any Help Would Be Appreciated

Question #2.....will Have The Almighty Income Tax Return Money And 2 Weeks. I Have A Budget Of Around 3500. What Bolt Ons Would Be The Best Bang For The Buck For The Car???? I Already Have A Full Exhaust(headers, X Pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters) And Im Looking At Bolt On Parts For The Time Being And Not Going The Turbo Or Supercharger Route This Year. I Was Thinking About The Wide Bore Throttle Body, 80mm Maf, Shm Cams(regrinds) Zex Nos Kit, Msd Digital...4???i Think??, 255lph Fuel Pump, Adjustable Regulator, 4.30's(had A Set Of 3.73's.but Every Post I Read On That Subject Said 4.30's...nuf Said)and Drag Radials(prob Nitto's) Is This A Good Combination?????car Runs Very Strong....pulled A Best Of 13.75 103 With Street Tires And A 2.2 60 Ft.....trying To Get The Car Into The 12's If Possible Without The Blower Is This Possible??

Queston #3......the Car Burns Around 3/4 Of A Quart Every 3500 Miles...should I Be Really Concerned About This Or Is This Normal For A Cobra With My Mileage. It Does Smoke Slightly At Very High Rpm's But Not Enough To Really Really Concern Me

Thanks In Advance To All That Respond

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

#1 The tranny should fit. What did it come out of? A GT?

#2 The combo sounds great and well thought out, but I wouldn't do it if you're going supercharged or turbo'd. If you go that route, the NOS kit would be history, you'd have two fuel pumps (the 255lph in your car and one that comes with the kit), and gears that are probably too much (just my opinion). Also, do you have money set aside for a tune?

#3 3/4 every 3500 miles sounds high. Makes me wonder what would happen on the spray. I'd look into that first.

Thanx For The Reply...cobra 96...

#1...yes I Believe It Came From A Fox Body Mustang....so It Should Be A Direct Bolt In Then>?????

#2...i Do Have Money Set Aside For A Tune..was Considering The Pms From Anderson Ford Motorsports....is This A Good System????was Also Considering The Wide Band O2 Setup From Them As Well As I Could Use It In The Future As Well As Now....as For The Fuel Pump...i Belive The Kit Im Looking At Lets You Pick And Chose Which Components You Want And If I Have To Seel A Fuel Pump I Can Always Do That

#3...im Still Concerned If This Oil Problem Is A Weak Link Or Not....anymore Feedback On This????

Thanx For The Info Cobra 96 And Again.....thanx To All That Reply........

Steve

3/4 of a quart of oil every 3500 is nothing for a 90k engine in my opinion. I wouldn't be concerned at all. What I would be concerned about would be spraying a 90k engine. Sounds to me like asking for trouble.

wythors said:
3/4 of a quart of oil every 3500 is nothing for a 90k engine in my opinion. I wouldn't be concerned at all. What I would be concerned about would be spraying a 90k engine. Sounds to me like asking for trouble.

Where to start.....
You will need a new Bell Housing for the TKO to Fit, Also will need a 28 spline clutch, while your there, throw in an aluminum flywheel, you won't regret it.
You need to get a new MAF, and a chip, I run a Diablo.
The oil problem doesn't give me a warm fuzzy, I have 76,000 on mine and it don't burn a lick. It is also severely abused, I might add.
I just installed a BBK 62mm TB but I won't see the added effects until my Pro-M comes in next Fri along with getting my chip reprogrammed for the add-ons.