Couple questions...

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
I was wrenchin on the car last night, and i have a few questions.

I have a schematic that JRichker poster about what goes where electrically, but before i get into more wiring, i need something temporary to work, just to get my car cranked over to work the bugs out of it.

Question 1: for some reason i still dont understand the concept of my starter wiring.

if youre looking at the solenoid head on, there are 3 terminals on it. the small one on top, and the 2 lugs side by side. the lug on the one side (#1) is the positive side. when i turn my battery cutoff swicth on, it has constant power.

I know i dont want to hook the starter wire up to that side or the starter will never shut off. Im guessing the starter goes to the other lug which i thought was the ground side (#3)

The small top terminal (#2) well.. i dont even know what the hell that one is for...

where the hell do i attach the starter wire?

View attachment 373733

Question 2: I hooked up my brake booster vacuum line to the intake as advised by someone on here. i put a brass barbed nipple into one of the ports then ran a thick vacuum line from that over to the brake booster nipple.

maybe im thinking on this too much, but since the brake booster is going to pull vacuum from the intake out of one of the runners, wont that pull fuel into the brake booster as well?

Question 3: Does anyone have a fuse block diagram that shows what each fuse is for? Im trying to wire in my hot wire for my electric fuel pump, and im trying to see if i can take one of the fuses out that i dont need anymore (air bag, a/c etc...) and tap into that so my fuel pump will come on when the key is in the on position.

i cant find my owners manual to save my life.

Thanks in advance for any help :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I'll try to help a little. The small top post on the solenoid is for the ignition wire. It is just a push on connector. The terminal that you numbered three is for the starter wire. That side is not the ground but a switched source. When turn the ignition terminal three gets power. The solenoid is grounded from the mounting screws.

You should be able to get the fuses from www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine

I'll try to help a little. The small top post on the solenoid is for the ignition wire. It is just a push on connector. The terminal that you numbered three is for the starter wire. That side is not the ground but a switched source. When turn the ignition terminal three gets power. The solenoid is grounded from the mounting screws.

You should be able to get the fuses from www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine

That helped alot... so i got the starter wire issue solved, as well as the fuse box issue. now all i need is the brake booster issue / question and im set.. thanks man! I really appreciate it!

question 2--No as the fuel is injected into the intake tract (in lower intake) after your vacuum ports come off the intake tract(upper intake). You are fine how you have it.

Ahhh, but alas i have a carb, and only 1 intake.... :D see where im coming from?

Sorry, i thought i mentioned that in the initial post.

well, either way i think you will be fine because once you have vacuum, there is not really any air moving into your brake booster, so you won't get much if any gas in it besides it will evaporate out if you get some in it. Where else would you get your vacuum for your carb advance (if you have vac advance) and brakes anyways???

well, either way i think you will be fine because once you have vacuum, there is not really any air moving into your brake booster, so you won't get much if any gas in it besides it will evaporate out if you get some in it. Where else would you get your vacuum for your carb advance (if you have vac advance) and brakes anyways???

Thats a good point, and i figured i was overthinking it, but thats what beer and louisiana humidity will do to ya :D

Thanks for the info man! :flag: