CRAP!!!

94GTCoupe

10 Year Member
May 7, 2006
CA
not sure if this is the place,but my PS3 just took a dump.won't read any disc's.not DVD,music,PS2,PS1,PS3.it was a birthday gift in november 07.i have no receipt.i was an hour into metal gear solid 4 and it just stopped reading the disc.called sony support,it'll cost $150 to be repaired if i cant get a receipt.i'm restoring default setting's now,it's going to take about five hour's.hopefully that will solve whatever problem there is....this blow's:(

• Sponsors (?)

Its not even a yr old, and it was a gift. You should explain GIFT to them in a way they understand. If they wont fix it then make a few calls for some publicity. Heck the 360 has a 3 yr warranty and when my first one took a crap at 7 months old Microsoft didnt even ask for a reciept. Took the serial #, and replaced it with a new one. Yes a new one no refurb bs. Sony is an arrogant crap company imo, and they should stand behind their product.

My 360 took a crap on me after a year.
If my PS3 crapped out on me I would have to say screw it and blow the damn thing up.
A $500 game system dieing that soon would make me mad as hell.
I didn't get mad about my 360 dieing cause mine was free Sony paid for mine haha not many people can say that.

got a copy of the receipt from best buy.called sony,they are sending the special box to me to return it to them to have it repaired under warranty.that's the good new's,the bad is it's going to take about a month for it to be returned to me.that's better then paying the $150 for it to be repaired if i could not get the receipt.