custom box?

215what

Apr 14, 2005
NM
I want to take out my back seat and put A rear seat delete in, but I want to put some sub's on the back pecie with the sub's facing in the car. 12's is what I whould like to have. my Question is how whould this sound, I know sub's alway's face the trunk. Has anyone here done this befor? In my head it look's good! Pic's if you have some :D

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know if i would face them into the inside unless you have a high quality sub. I know people with alright subs, and they should like CRAP inside of the car. Sure they make alot of noise, but any speaker can do that. I have 2 10" JL10w6_v2's that im gonna put in the interior, and they sound great up close. The biggest reason subs are put in the trunk and faced backwards is so that the waves can bounce off the back of the car and construtivly interfere with eachother to make it even louder. This is only necissary due to the fact that the sound isnt going directly to your ear either way, and its gotta go through the seats and such.
I plan on doing a rear seat delete with mine as well, and a custom fiberglass box for the subs. I have a vert tho, and the back seat area is a lilttle different.

I know a guy who has this done....ooooh yeah, it's me

HPIM2148.jpg

HPIM2149.jpg

HPIM1462.jpg

Sounds great man.....

Attachments

• HPIM2148.jpg
    HPIM2148.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 100
  • HPIM2149.jpg
    HPIM2149.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 67
  • HPIM1462.jpg
    HPIM1462.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 97
RF - yeah. that's the point of it, although I've never actually tested it's purposes.

Justin - Me and a friend made the set up ourselves, him doing alot more of the work than I did. Actually still trying to get him to help me make up a stencil for others to use.

xr8d302 said:
I know a guy who has this done....ooooh yeah, it's me

HPIM2148.jpg

HPIM2149.jpg

HPIM1462.jpg

Sounds great man.....[/QUO

look's good! Do you have any pic's of the trunk?

Attachments

• HPIM2148.jpg
    HPIM2148.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM2149.jpg
    HPIM2149.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM1462.jpg
    HPIM1462.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 58
haha, they'd pound if I had a better amplifier. I mean, they definitely do the trick, you can hear the stereo from a few hundred feet with no problems, but with a bigger amp, I could really turn some heads.

Thing is, it barely matters to me, because most of the music that comes out of my car is country anyway...my setup really leaves me with great sound quality, and that's exactly what i'm looking for

I finally got all my stereo stuff in yesterday. It sounds good, but I'm in the same boat as you with the amp. The amp I have is mid-sized, but when briged, it falls to a lower ohm level than that of my subs (4 ohm vs 8 ohm). So I have to run each sub channel-to-channel. Way less power outout. But I just don't care to spend $250 on a better amp when it does the job good enough for me. The highs and mids sound real good, and theres enough bass to fillout the lows. You can really feel it when I turn on the ghetto music.

:rlaugh: @ ghetto music

It's fun to see the looks I get up here in the city when I drive down the main road playing Kenny Chesney or Keith Urban. Most of them expect a young guy like me to be listening to 50 cent or something....girls actually like it....:shrug:

lol

I'm gonna see Keith Urban tonight. I'll be bartending the concert though, not attending. It'll probably be a pretty good show.

My buddy used to have an impala (newer one, lowered, 20's, typical pimped-out sedan) with 2 square kicker L5's, 3 amps, ect. We used to drive through parking lots slamming bluegrass on his XM radio. People gave us the craziest looks.