Customized Triple Row Intercooler?????

• Sponsors (?)

Stinger said:
You notice how somebody posts this every couple months like it's a new thing that just happened?

It is the cycle of knowledge.

The Noobs come in and ask the same questions, they gain knowledge, they in turn become more curious and find things like this and post it cause they want to share and us old timers laugh and point out hat this is old.

The circle will complete another cycle in six months to a year when the fresh noobs are posting this and Kidiccarus is posting "You noticehow..." :D

Hello kiddiccarus,
Thanks for checking out my site. It gets around.
If you want to know details just ask.
I'll have the movies back up on a new server soon.

Mike

Just because his final product did not work for 10 years don't mean that it is a bad idea or not a useful tool that can be looked at and re-done maybe with a little more mods or a better plan to keep the integrity of it. If I am right he was using 30psi of boost through it. I am looking to run constant 20-25psi. I think that his idea is unique and has a future, it’s just a first try and needs some kinks ironed out, if this was a tested production model we all would have one and remarking on the performance of it.

kiddiccarus said:
Just because his final product did not work for 10 years don't mean that it is a bad idea or not a useful tool that can be looked at and re-done maybe with a little more mods or a better plan to keep the integrity of it. If I am right he was using 30psi of boost through it. I am looking to run constant 20-25psi. I think that his idea is unique and has a future, it’s just a first try and needs some kinks ironed out, if this was a tested production model we all would have one and remarking on the performance of it.

Hello? :chair:
I'm right here.
What are you talking about my "product" didn't work for 10 years?? :shrug:
I made it a while ago, and it's been working perfect for all this time.
It was the welder's fault that the seam split. The weld didn't penetrate into the metal like he should've.
:flag:

mr_woodster said:
i have a question, what did the welder ..
A: Say when you told him you wanted him to make you end tanks and weldem
b: Charge you for the material and weld
c:how the heck did u get those intercoolers for so CHEAP! :bang:
A. He welded it himself
B. Pretty damn cheap when you weld it yourself
C. J-yards
Aluminum is one of the more diffiucult materials to weld.

mr_woodster said:
i have a question, what did the welder ..
A: Say when you told him you wanted him to make you end tanks and weldem
b: Charge you for the material and weld
c:how the heck did u get those intercoolers for so CHEAP! :bang:

A: I didn't tell him what it was until I was finished making the end tanks. I brought him three cores and told him to make "NASA" quality welds. hehe
B:The material was bought for ~25 dollars for a sheet of aluminum, which I cut and bent into endtanks.
C: Internet!

Others had made it sound as the intercooler was a failure. I personally like the idea and although it may not be right for my application I am interested in it and how if I wanted to in the future to make one for my car. Let us know when you get the video up so I can see them, it sounds pretty cool.

kiddiccarus said:
Others had made it sound as the intercooler was a failure.

Who Said that?!?!??? Show me please.

kiddiccarus said:
I personally like the idea and although it may not be right for my application I am interested in it and how if I wanted to in the future to make one for my car.

Sure. Take any number of intercoolers you want, cut the end tanks off, weld them together and make new endtanks with boost inlets and outlets.
Done! :D
A jig saw and a hammer made the end tanks. :nice:

kiddiccarus said:
Let us know when you get the video up so I can see them, it sounds pretty cool.

They'll probably be up on Monday. I'm working with a new server.

Mike

No one actually came out and said that you were a failure. It was just the implication that I got from them as I asked about the intercooler. It sounds pretty easy to make well except the welding I am not that good of a welder to do that part.