Daily driver insurance?

Gellpak

Nov 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
The car is a few days out from completion and I need to have insurance on it when it rolls off the body shop floor. I'm with Nationwide now but I'll only get as much coverage as an appraisal says it's worth, and I want protection for all the money that has gone into the vehicle, regardless of the market value of the car. If this means paying higher premiums, then so be it. I want to be able to name my price (or at least within reason).

Does anyone know of a good solid company that offers the kind of coverage that I'm looking for here?

• Sponsors (?)

i just have normal state farm insurance on mine with a preset dollar amount that it is insured for.i had to take the car in and go over detailes and reciepts then they had to take pictures of everything and send them in to the main office. i have mine set for full coverage for $17,000.00 with a $500 deductable for $650 a year which is about the same as my 02 f250 which is $600.00 a year. i'm 27 and single and both vehicals on low miliage (less then 5000-6000 miles on the mustang and less than 12,000 for the truck) and i can't wait to have it go down once i'm married!
1carshow5is6jp.jpg

Attachments

• 1carshow5is6jp.jpg
    1carshow5is6jp.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 62
I am about to buy some insurance for my coupe and the best quote so far is $287 year based on 3000 miles maximum, $30k value, and a $500 deductable...this was from Smith Insurance. I found a link to them through the North Texas Mustang Clubs website.

i had mine through statefarm as well for the first little bit and it i really dont know how much it was. but its switched over to hagerty as of now under 12k value (going to put it up some) and its roughly 120 a year. not many places would insure a 16 year old at the time.

BIG-MAC said:
I am about to buy some insurance for my coupe and the best quote so far is $287 year based on 3000 miles maximum, $30k value, and a $500 deductable...this was from Smith Insurance. I found a link to them through the North Texas Mustang Clubs website.

That is not DD insurance, and why the deductable. Every Collectable/Antique ibsurance I have ever had was no deductable.