Dano.... Dano who?

Dano78

Founding Member
Nov 1, 1999
Vancouver, WA
Rather than hi-jack cobraii351's thread figured I'd better start my own. :)

Yeah sorry I haven't been around much. Seems as if the older you get the less time you have even when you think you do! Still wrenching, just not as much as I should on my own stuff...lol. My boy's PeeWee ball season is comming to a close so that will give me a little more time to play with my cars. That and my daughter is 14 mos now and she likes being out in the shop with daddy! :D Just need to watch her around my bolt bins.. :p

On a higher note I removed the dual 450 holleys off my tunnel rammed 289 in my '78 II and installed List# 6299 390 cfm holleys. Man... what a difference. It's still a bit outta tune, but does run better... waayyy better. Hard to make it run superb without an A/F ratio meter, but that is in the works. Even at 6" of vacuum, it does pretty good.... and yes.... the power brakes work just fine. Still lots other bugs to iron out. Car has been sittin for 2-3 years straight. Sounds like I might have a couple lifters getting noisy, so that's ont he list too. But it felt good to run it around town a bit.. felt REAL good. :D

Hope everyone is doing good and I'll try my best to frequent here more often.

Oh- Lance, I'm pushing hard to drag this sucker to the All Mustangs show in July at that church on 78th street in Vancouver (where we met up last year) Hope you able to make it again this year.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice to hear from ya Mstng2 :)

Yeah I noticed that too. Use to be you could come in here just about every day and find a handful of new posts and one or two new faces. Times change I guess. I have a feeling that quite a few of the regulars as well as some of the newer faces have gone to the .net site. I've got an account there, but I'm rarely ever on there. It's been quite a long time, now that I think about it.

On another note, I pulled the II out to change the oil (sittin for quite some time) and giver 'er a wash, I started hearing my lifters dance. Figured that the old oil was a possible cause if this. (probably at least a year or two old, sittin most of the time with occasional start-ups) Well, is not so. Gained about 15-20 lbs of oil pressure (i may have had 10W30 and went to 10W40) but the lifters still sound horrid. Inspected the old as well as the new oil, no metallics in it anywhere. Got to pull the valve covers and check the set screws on my Crane rockers and make sure they are all tight. I HOPE that it's as simple as that as I really don't want to be dealing with a cam going bad. If that's the case it'd be the 3rd Edelbrock cam (and the LAST) that has done this. And at that point I may just say F*** it and build a 331 stroker for it, something I've been wanting to do for a loooonnngggg time. And add the T-5 to it aswell. Will have to see..... :rolleyes:

Hey nice to see you guys!

Definately looking forward to the T-5 swap. Been yerning to row gears once again. :p Just wish my car was nice enough to make the show circuit. Now that the engine is giving me fits, who knows...:rolleyes:

Impala- Still no cargo panels yet, eh? Man I haven't even see any trashed white ones little alone really nice ones!

Yeah it's good top see you around. I have to say i'm not over here near as much as I used to since things here are quiet. I spend more time at the .net site, as it seems to be where the majority of the II owners hang out. But I still pop in here and to check out what's up and post any progress on the car.

Keep us posted on your projects Dano.

Tim

Hey Dano! Hopefully I'll be at that show again this year, but I won't have my King Cobra. It will still be at the paint/body shop. I drop the car off tomorrow at Media Blasters to have the body stripped, and Friday drop it at the painter's. I won't have it back until "sometime after August."

So, I'll be cruising in the Shelby again this summer. By next summer the King will be truly complete, and I plan on showing it as much as I can.
Did you make it to the Wrangler's show in Hillsboro? I wasn't able to go, had the dreaded prior commitment...

No I didn't make it to the Wranglers' show. That meet is dead nuts in the middle of Little Leauge ball season, and I was coaching the boy's team. We had a game that day at 11am so it kinda show a hole in any attempt to go. I really wanted to to and get a booth and unload some of this crap I have. (other misc Ford crap) Wanted to drag my '53 Crestline and '55 F100 there too to sell. I just got too much CRAP!!!!:jaw:

What is the dates of that show this year? I know it's comming up, just can't remember the dates. Not sure if I'll have the stang there or not. I think I lunched the cam in it. (thanks Edelbrock :notnice: ) I've got one of my trucks ripped apart right now so once I get it back together I'll pull the II in and pop the intake and see what the #($@*$ is going on with that thing. I might be able to slam in a new cam and have it on the road again.....possibly. :( It looks like hell, but goes like hell when the cam's not trash! Need more than 1 or 2 IIs at that meet!!!!