Dare I Do It? Thinking on buying a 20" cobra-r Rim

Hm, no i do get what you're saying, and you're right... the 20s seem a tad too overkill...
i've seen 19s on our cars and they work really really well. I wish they made 19" chrome saleens and i'd be all over that like a fat kid on a cupcake. Plus I believe blueoval's comment runs true where the cobras have just been overdone.

you guys are right, i don't want to look overkill, i want to look like a fitted leather glove.
and i don't want to take away from the white either.
you guys are, as always, an incredible help and the words of wisdom on my shoulder. You won't be seeing me at any fast and the furious shows... I was just really curious on a sexy ass chrome rim OTHER than the saleens, in 18s or 19s.

19s from what i have seen do fill out well, but the 20s just dont do it.
*SIGH*

i guess that's what it takes to make sure you don't ruin a good thing, try, and try again... keep looking.

• Sponsors (?)

Caldwell said:
Lol!

Stand out with style ;)
Let's say.
I'm still workin on it.
Chrome bullets?

see the 20s in the add don't look too big:

20inch.jpg

Here's another question,
what size rims are on this mustang?:

ifest095.jpg

The 20's in that pic do not look bad, but that is because its a 99-2004 body style :D

Engel said:
The 20's in that pic do not look bad, but that is because its a 99-2004 body style :D

you're right actually... and it wasn't until i saw the 20s on our body style that i noticed how MASSIVE they looked lol :rlaugh:
it's just not fair man.

Engel said:
Those roush wheels are awesome but I find them extremely hard to find :shrug:

not bad not bad, but they don't scream style to me.

wyt: you're in the right direction where i was going...
do you have a pic of those rims on a black car?

You don't think the smooth Roush rims are stylish, but Cobra Rs are? Pretty much the only difference is the edge of the spokes. :shrug:

Don't forget - the larger you go on the wheels, the more ridiculous the brakes behind them look unless you bump them up too.

mansonozz said:
You don't think the smooth Roush rims are stylish, but Cobra Rs are? Pretty much the only difference is the edge of the spokes. :shrug:

Don't forget - the larger you go on the wheels, the more ridiculous the brakes behind them look unless you bump them up too.

That's also true, I'd be spending money on new brakes and things too.. otherwise it will look like i'm driving a cavalier. I don't mind the Roush rims, but they look.... simple. I never really loved the Cobra Rs, but they were the first mustang rim i saw that were available in 20s. I saw a guy with a white vert and bullit rims, they had to be 18s but i was impressed.... His car was a cobra i do believe, or at least had the cobra front on it with a vert bar.

WhiteStallionGT said:
I'm too lazy to read all 3 pages. Only read the first post, so if my comment seems out of place that's too bad, lol.

Caldwell the rims that you currently have are perfect, don't get 20s. Spend the money on something else! :D

Well, I appreciate the words anyway man :nice:
I'm lazy as fack too so i don't blame you on wanting to read 3 pages of me debating on something anyway :rlaugh:
So much to spend, so little time. I do like my 17s... BUT...