debt here it comes(long sorry )

well as i sit here 500 dollars into debt with my parents my exaust went to day. i knew it was going i just wanted it to wait a little the muffler rotted out and hit the ground it has been sounding like crap for a couple of days but today it hit the road the sparks started to fly but i was only down the street so i got home. and the exaust broke right at the inlet to the muffler so we removed the muffler and tail pipe. so all i have on now is the cat and pipe that goes to about half way down the body so the question i have is will any damage acure from running it like this?? alright i think im done crying for today thanks for any information.

• Sponsors (?)

You should be fine without a muffler, that is to say it will do no damage to the vehicle. Now if you have state vehicle inspections like we have in the Commonwealth (Virginia is not a state, it's a Commonwealth) of Virginia, you will run into trouble without your muffler.
Also if your exhaust is not extending beyond the underside of the vehicle, the gasses(including carbon monoxide) can become trapped beneath/pool under the vehicle. They can then enter the vehicles interior, where you will end up breathing them(which is why in Virginia your exhaust must extend beyond the underside of the car or you will flunk inspection).Hope this helps.

ya i think i need a second job good thing summer is coming today is the last day of school :D 2 more exams left. last night when i was seeing how loud it would be or if i could drive it to school today i hade it on for about two minutes and the exaust smell was reel bad. but it will only be like this for a couple days so i think ill be fine.