Decision Time

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
So I am at a crossroads. I've still got my 408 shortblock sitting under the plastic in my garage.

Do I:

a) Keep it for when/if the 427 takes a dump

b) sell it to fund the majority of my GSXR 600 golf cart swap

I'm getting mixed responses from my friends. The sensible ones say keep the motor and the more adventurous ones say start the project. I honestly cannot decide. It would be nice to have a spare 500+ hp motor laying around "just in case". But it would be cool to have a retarded fast golf cart, too.

• Sponsors (?)

Is there a reason the 427 will take a dump? If not, sell the 408 and split the disbursements between the two. Use half to fund a fun project and use half to pay some bills. Nothing like being debt free (or closer to it), but you gotta be able to have fun.

No reason, but who really knows when their engine will head south? I do like the split the difference idea though.

Since i plan on starting a big inch stroker back up engine asap, i'd suggest keeping it. If it's paid for, it's only costing you garage space. Keep it and find money for the cart project somewhere else. You'll thank yourself when the time comes.

**sigh** you have answered your own dilemma. If you need to pay bills, pay bills. You aren't doing
Anything to push the bigger Windsor to worry about scattering it unless you plan to put the 400 shot on the B/S plate.
As hard as it is to sell a modified for race fox for anywhere near what's invested in them, a hot rodded golf cart will be the ultimate black hole