Delivery dates?

ponyboy66

May 11, 2004
Michigan
Can anyone confirm when the 05's are going to hit the show room floor?
I have read different things. Some say that production begins 8-29 and they hit the dealerships on 9-29 and I also read that they won't hit dealerships until November. Tomorrow is TOO LATE for me.

• Sponsors (?)

ponyboy66 said:
Can anyone confirm when the 05's are going to hit the show room floor?
I have read different things. Some say that production begins 8-29 and they hit the dealerships on 9-29 and I also read that they won't hit dealerships until November. Tomorrow is TOO LATE for me.

When they say, "hit dealerships," that does not mean all dealers will have a decent stock. Obviously, it takes time to build inventory. The dates you mentioned are the dates I heard as well. When people say November, it is a realistic guess as to when you can go to a dealership and preview a variety of options packages, now that inventory is built a bit. In the beginning, to maximize exposure of a new vehicle, only a couple go to each dealership. There are not enough to go around to fully stock them all, but to expose them, a couple go to each. They may, and I expect they will, fly off dealer lots leaving the lots Mustangless for a couple of weeks. This always happens when they roll out something new. Just have to wait until inventory is built a bit. November is a realistic guess. But, you can order your mustang with final options and pricing on May 24th... that may get you one sooner. You can order one now as well, but options and prices are TBD.

spectravp said:
When they say, "hit dealerships," that does not mean all dealers will have a decent stock. Obviously, it takes time to build inventory. The dates you mentioned are the dates I heard as well. When people say November, it is a realistic guess as to when you can go to a dealership and preview a variety of options packages, now that inventory is built a bit. In the beginning, to maximize exposure of a new vehicle, only a couple go to each dealership. There are not enough to go around to fully stock them all, but to expose them, a couple go to each. They may, and I expect they will, fly off dealer lots leaving the lots Mustangless for a couple of weeks. This always happens when they roll out something new. Just have to wait until inventory is built a bit. November is a realistic guess. But, you can order your mustang with final options and pricing on May 24th... that may get you one sooner. You can order one now as well, but options and prices are TBD.

Well, I'm in kind of a self-inflicted bind. I am so anxious for this car to come out I can't stand it. I have been a mustang nut since I was in 6th grade when my buddy’s dad gave him an 8 year old '65. I also read somewhere in these forums that the first years production would be gone in three months. I'm not sure if that’s probable, but I suppose it possible. I can say that the company I work for builds components for the 05 pony. We have been working on it since last August. We have been in production since the first of the year. If I wait until all the bugs are worked out then I may not get what I want if there are production problems etc. And I can save more $. If I order up front to insure that I get one, I may find out I ordered something I wished I hadn't. Problems not too hard to handle by any stretch, so I think that my age will allow me the patience to make the right decision. These forums are world of help. I'm still stuck in the '60's.

The start of production is schedule for Sept 7, 2004. I can't understand why there is confusion on this, Ford announced this date months ago. How long it takes to get to your local dealer depends on where you are located and how aggresive your dealer is getting their orders in, but figure 3 - 6 weeks before they show up at your friendly Ford dealer.

If you want an 05 as bad as you claim, now is the time to get down to your local Ford dealer and reserve a car. Planned production is 180,000 for the first year. Since Ford is still selling 140,000+ of the old obsolete SN95 Mustangs, I have the feeling that the 05's will sell out pretty fast.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think dealers that have the largest inventory and sell more cars will get more 05's and probably get them faster, thats what I was told at my dealer and I have known this guy for years. They are the #1 selling Ford dealer in 3 counties out here in SoCal so Its likely they will get more then another dealer that doesnt sell alot of cars.

I'd like to purchase an 05 GT in January. I assume the dust may settle in the showroom floors abit seeing that the car will have been out for 90 days or so. But to those of you that know about new platforms and early availability...help! Will it be sold out (on back order)? Should I order ASAP and schedule delivery for January? Is there some type of strategy I can follow to ensure a Jan delivery??? I think ford will be building the inventory at that time, don't you? I don't want to have the dealer tell me I should have pre-ordered, or sorry there's nothing available at this time (Jan 06)...check back in Feb, etc. I want my new years gift to me in JANUARY 2006. :flag:

mball said:
Correct me if I am wrong but I think dealers that have the largest inventory and sell more cars will get more 05's and probably get them faster, thats what I was told at my dealer and I have known this guy for years. They are the #1 selling Ford dealer in 3 counties out here in SoCal so Its likely they will get more then another dealer that doesnt sell alot of cars.

You are correct. The larger dealers will get more Stang than some dealer in the stix. However, they still won't get enough to fullfill the demand. They have to spread them around at first. Think about it from a marketing perspective; makes tons of sense. If it doesn't make sense, then look at what they have done in the past: spread them around.