Deluxe vs. Premium

• Sponsors (?)

Kilmar is correct except the leather seats on the Premium are half leather / half vinyl.

Only the seating surfaces of the front seats are leather, the sides and backs are vinyl. The rear seats are all vinyl.

Reactions: 1 user
38e46066.jpg

you can clearly see that the premium GT comes with shaker 500 and leather seating AT NO EXTRA CHARGE....

might have been an option on the V6 though. the rear spoiler is also NO EXTRA CHARGE, but i believe that the V6 was charged for it in 05.

Attachments

• 38e46066.jpg
    38e46066.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,423
The leather is standard now on a GT premium. I'm not certain about 05. But leather was an option, and I'm willing to bet it still is, on the V6 premium. My car is a V6 premium, 2005, and it has cloth. I missed a car with leather by about a two minute phone call. My dealer had one located and by the time he called me and I immediatley said yes and he called back, it was gone. That was in March 2005.

I got mine in May 05 and in my area it was very hard to get one without paying 2-3k over msrp at that time, even with them being in very short supply as it was.

Mine did not have leather either in the standard price. I think that became standard after the 05 model year. Not that it matters in terms of this conversation really, as this guy is going for a new one, so it's probably standard now regardless of what it was back then.

I have an 06 Deluxe with leather seats. They are a $695 add-on. The only thing I don't have that the Premimum has is the Shaker 500 radio. I did not want the Shaker. The standard radio is a whole lot better than radios in cars I have owned in the past. And why add the additional weight of those heavy speakers that slow you down! LOL!

When i got my Gt they asked me if i wanted the sport package. It comes with the shaker 500 6 cd changer and leather seats, but without some of the interior dress up stuff like the silver trim on the dashes, and the color changing display. The package may be discontinued though, beacause it was around in December of 04 when i ordered mine, and it might have not lasted very long. It wasn't listed on Ford's website either.

adj86 said:
When i got my Gt they asked me if i wanted the sport package. It comes with the shaker 500 6 cd changer and leather seats, but without some of the interior dress up stuff like the silver trim on the dashes, and the color changing display. The package may be discontinued though, beacause it was around in December of 04 when i ordered mine, and it might have not lasted very long. It wasn't listed on Ford's website either.
thats basically what i have. look at the window sticker posted above.

i dont have any of that other fancy stuff in mine, and i like it that way!

Scanner is not working, but by looking at the options listing for the 05 the only difference is the Premium came standard with the shaker 500 and leather trimmed sport bucket seats and door panels.

They did ofer a Exterior Sport appearance package but for the V6 only, it included the rear spolier and lower body side mustang tape stripe.