Demolet CAI

vipergt

Jul 6, 2005
Ok I just ordered the Tunable induction kit from Demolet(maf forward). I was wondering if it used the maf screen or not. If so I need to go to the dealership to order one. Any reply would be thankful.

• Sponsors (?)

I got mine about 2 months ago. I got the full lenght one. You will notice a little more HP. I big thing with this CAI is it stays cooler. I went to a Cruz-in about 30 min. for my house. I got out and touched the thing and touched a MAC CAI and mine was considerably cooler. The MAC guy had been the about 10 min. ahead of me. It can be a little tricky to install. Better with 2 guy but 1 can do it. Have fun

I have a demolet too and it gives a few hp, but it looks great. Mine is paint patched dsg with the carbon fiber trim.

It was kinda of a pita to install by myself especially the pipe in the fender and attaching it to the last elbow but I did it.

I just ordered the demolet too, but I'm getting the full length system. Had an old KarKraft CAI that somebody gave me but took it off b/c the car ran like **** when outside temperature was in the 90's. It had a metal pipe. Hopefully this one will be better.

I just got it installed last night a little bit of a pain to install or atleast a lot of sweakin to do I already had the demolet tube and that was a pain to get lined up to keep it lined up but i got it. It seems to have a lot of more throttle response over the fipk and am overall happy with it and it does not get hot at all. I got mine in the down position and was a little concerned about it getting wet, but i drove it through a lot of rain this morning and did not seems to have a problem. I would recommend this cai just a pain to put in.

vipergt said:
I just got it installed last night a little bit of a pain to install or atleast a lot of sweakin to do I already had the demolet tube and that was a pain to get lined up to keep it lined up but i got it. It seems to have a lot of more throttle response over the fipk and am overall happy with it and it does not get hot at all. I got mine in the down position and was a little concerned about it getting wet, but i drove it through a lot of rain this morning and did not seems to have a problem. I would recommend this cai just a pain to put in.

What was so hard? I gonna install mine tomorrow night.

The hard part is getting everything lined up. Every car may be a little different. The cover plate hole is a bit bigger than theLtube and thank goodness. I want go through the whole install but a couple of things that are important. The first thing is you will have a rubber band thing on the L tube in the fender and it pretty much sucks, but it supposed to keep the it snup in the hole. Mine kept slipping so when I got the system postioned where I wanted it I reached in the fenderwell and push that rubberband all the up (this will keep it from slipping, but dont knock it to hard) then I had a extra hose clamp laying around from where I dont know. So I put it around the tube just benind the rubberband(tight fit but it can be done). The next big thing is to watch out for clearance on the air filter in the fenderwell Get the air filter atleast 1 if not 2 inches away from the inside fender lip or you will rub a hole in the filter ( I dented mine a tad, but caught it early) because it will move a little in the fenderwell when you hit bumps.

Well, I installed mine last night (in the freakin 97 degree heat!)

I did not use the upper part of the full length system (from MAF to TB), b/c it was not a good fit. It was like 1/2 inch too long.

Also, noticed that there was not a real good seal between the MAF and the first section of the CAI pipe. They system came with a tube of sealant that helps, but I wonder if this could loosen up over time.

Didn't know what you meant about the rubber band till I actually did the install. That was a real PITA.

Not sure yet if the filter is rubbing anything or not. I'm gonna give it a few days and then check it.

Driving, I like the performance so far. It will be interesting to see what happens on the drive home from work today when it's supposed to be 95 degrees and humid.

With my old CAI (KarKraft), these conditions caused the car to hesitate some at high RPMs. It had a metal pipe and the long K&N filter that was only 2/3 of the way into the fender well.

I just bought the DeMolet full length system this morning from stangpro.com. It was $170 shipped, so I figured what the hell after considering all the reviews I read about it. I've read it wont trip my C.E.L., and I've also heard it can be a slight pain to install by yourself, but I'll let you guys know how it goes once I get it installed.

i'm REALLY dubious as to what the difficulty was in the install. what was so dificult? everything on mine (full length) lined up with zero issues and actually took me longer to install because i was actually reading the directions instead of just putting it in how it made sense.

just make sure you do not screw down the plate til the rest of the system is attached and in place... then screw the plate in.. should be fine then. but yes, it is a great system. and good choise going with stangpro on the CAI. Lee is great to work with.

Torinalth