Dents/Squishes in Headers? WTF? (pics).

Okay, bear with me. I was poking around cleaning some things in the old powerplant bay today and noticed something I had not seen before.

Are the stock headers supposed to have dents/squishes in them on every cylinder, or did mine somehow suck themselves in (heat, maybe?) or is this another lovely symptom of having a '95 with more emissions crap than a hybrid?

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought the point of headers (OEM or aftermarket) was to get exhaust to flow BETTER, not restrict it upon exit...:rolleyes:

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Sup95Cobra said:
I do not believe those are stock either

I am not disputing you at all (I have no idea what the stock headers looked like), but what makes you think they aren't stock?

I would personally think that if someone was going to go through the pain to repl. headers...why not use good ones, not restrictive ones...??? But then again, people do strange things. :shrug: :shrug:
Tnx.

those are stock headers. explorer ones point up and are all crazy. They suck....BUT when i took the manifolds off my bronco's 302.....i was wishing it had those.....they arn't that bad...at least ford put actual headers on from the factory!