deposit made!

Boganz45

Apr 18, 2004
USA
just made my $500 deposit on a black on black leather 2005 mustang GT wth a 5 speed...will have it somewhere between september 04 and october 04...also, i will incur no price increases if the price does increase!

• Sponsors (?)

From everything I've heard it hasn't changed. Although that doesn't mean a dealer won't try and take money for it. I hope he kept paperwork put in writing that it will have a 6 speed. Then he might get one free.

I put it down practically blind. The dealership does not even know the MSRPs yet. Once they receive them and all options with prices they will call me and ask me what I want. From there the car is ordered as #1 priority and will be put into production. The $500 deposit is a spot to be one of the first to place an order and guarantees the car come production time. The dealer estimates the GT to be around $26,000 for a basic package. Quoting my salesman, "When we are able to submit them[the deposits] (sometime in the near future) we will contact you and go through the options and the pricing at that time. We do not have the final pricing at this time. The customers that reserve their orders will have the cars built first and then we will put our stock orders in so all special orders get #1 priority." Hope this helps...I will keep you all updated once I get to do all of the above...

My dealer called today and spoke with me. Pricing on the 2005 GT he said may be slightly higher than he first projected ($26,000). He said it would be probably $1,500 more than that (the 2005 base model GT, minimal options). He said they will not have definite pricing until late August. Also, build date September 1st still stands, but with the demand at what it currently is, the cars may not be available until Mid-October to November now, which angers me. Although I understand their dealings with limited information, it just cannot come fast enough! The above price is the A-Plan price estimation as well, X-plan is 4 % higher. In regards to options, they took the ones I wanted (black on black leather and a 5 speed), but says any options can be changed at anytime up to 6 weeks before car is estimated to be delivered. Do not be surprised if a loaded GT costs over $30,000. I will keep you all updated as I get more information...

Boganz45 said:
My dealer called today and spoke with me. Pricing on the 2005 GT he said may be slightly higher than he first projected ($26,000). He said it would be probably $1,500 more than that (the 2005 base model GT, minimal options). He said they will not have definite pricing until late August. ...

I'm not saying your dealer is full of well.... :bs: but that doesn't make sense that they won't have definite pricing plans until basically one month before they are gonna hit showrooms IMO....My understanding is that you should be able to place orders offically in about 30 days or so and I would assume you would know then exactly what prices and options were so you could place an order anything else would simply not be efficient....but this is ford :)

Lol, yeah I am not going to doubt that. I am getting it in St. Clair Shores though not a^2, because my house is in GPW. I would not doubt if the dealer is giving me bs, esp. the call about the price hike (not bs but the orignal price estimate was), but whatever. They will do what they have to sell cars. All I know is that I will keep posting whatever information I am told, and whomever would like to speculate on it, feel free, but I guess only time will tell... :spot:

Saw my dealer again today. Ordering options and codes will be available on May 2nd. Cars are not projected to be out at dealerships now until mid November if not December, but I am taking first shipment of mine (whenever that is). Also, Ford is supposed to send me a t-shirt and hat and info in the mail as soon as it is available, congratulating me on my purchase of the 2005 GT (as all new 2005 buyers are supposed to get). BS stuff, but kind of cool nonetheless. Test drove a Mach 1 today, disappointed in it; first gear was weak (although I think something was wrong with this particular test drive model). Was thinking about getting an '04 Cobra instead of the 05 (being there no new Cobra til lalte 2006 and this being the last model of this body style cobra), but 35 grand was too much and the interior was a let down. Also, when the 05's come out I suspect the rebates on the '04 Cobras will be nice. $1,500.00 Rebates on NOS '03 Cobras right now. There will be NO rebates on the '05s, possibly financing offers though. Well that is all I know, and for now I can only wait... :bang: :shrug: :nice:

there will be no rebate beyond 1500. they don't have enough models to run through july sales. Th new style doesn't hit showrooms till the fall. 04 models are selling at 16% higher than projected volume and the cobra will be the last one for two years. Sorry your not going to catch a break.. You must have driven a freak mach?????

Check this out...the owner of my dealership (Roy O'Brien) is going to AZ next week. He is learning info on all the new outcoming models ('05 Stang, '05 Stang GT, '05 GT, '07 Cobra, etc.) and gets to test drive ALL of the production models / prototypes of the aforementioned models. How sick would that be?!?

Anyways, about that Mach... Something had to be wrong with it. I have driven stock GTs that felt way more powerful and torquey and have less in both specs. Oh well, I know it is a strong car nonetheless. Wings intermission is over, gotta go...

every dealer i have spoke with, and pretty much anyone in general, expect an increase in price (about 1-1.5 grand), which I would not doubt, especially given the hype and the laws of supply and demand...